Look at these Ali Express watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at these Ali Express watches

I came across these watches on Ali Express. They really try!!! There are dozens more. All major brands.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001302597311.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001527085411.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001547675459.html

Has any of you purchased watches from Ali Express? How was the experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one experience and I could have been lucky, however this is a lot of watch for 150nz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20210317072439.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	67273
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammers View Post
      Only one experience and I could have been lucky, however this is a lot of watch for 150nz.
      That is a beautiful piece!

Comment

I wouldn't bother as I find AE to be a major PITA, but I have a friend who has bought a couple of Pagani's and he really rates them

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20210320_152648.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	67390

Did someone say Chinese watches from Ali Express?

Comment

• Artemis12
            Artemis12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that's a great collection of them Guzz what's your overall impression??

• Guzz
            Guzz commented
            Editing a comment
            My overall impression is that they are all well made and that you you get a lot of watch for the money. All of these watches are made of 316L stainless steel, have sapphire crystal and feel like nice watches. The Parnis Daytona homage has a Seiko mecha-quartz hybrid movement (VK64); the Datejust and 6105 homages have a Seiko NH35 / 4R35 movement (hacking, hand winding and strong power reserve) and the Batman I can't recall off the top of my head.

It all depends how you feel about homage watches. There isn't a lot of design originality going on but you do get to try these designs out before forking out multiple thousands dollars.

The most interesting watch to me - and the one that I wear the most - is the Parnis Daytona homage. In my view, Parnis have actually improved the design of the Rolex. They have only one line of text under the brand name (rather than the 4 lines on the Rolex) and have dropped the iconic red DAYTONA lettering across the top of the bottom sub-dial. They have also removed the applied indices at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. The overall effect of this is to clean up the busy dial of the Rolex and give the dial a bit more space. Finally, the sub dials on the Parnis all line up correctly - whereas the Rolex sub-dials are famously slightly asymmetrical / off center (due to the automatic movement that is used). All of that makes it an interesting watch for me.

The 6105 homage is made by Rdunae and has a superb finish. It's a reissue that I would love Seiko to have done - except they would have charged US$3000 and got the alignment of chapter ring wrong!

• Kronos
            Kronos commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the detailed review, Guzz! Great collection!
        Working...
        X