Photo of the week "potw - 4 April 2021"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep 100% LeroyC, all good

But can't believe Kronos has no votes still either, it's a sweet shot!
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

"But can't believe Kronos has no votes still either, it's a sweet shot!
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth"

I guess that is why in a democracy everyone has the right to vote as they wish wirhout pressure and or influence from those who have a different view.

Next time get your vote in before the close date

Comment

@artmis12 For how few people are involved in the voting, is there any way to have some sort of points system?

IE rather than each voter casting 100 percent of their 1 vote to one person, they have say 3, or 10, or 100 points (whatever system we use) that they can award to someone or multiple people. That way if there’s 3 (or more) top photos that you can’t decide between as a voter, you can award equal points to. I felt it was unfair for me to cast 100 percent of my vote to a single person when there were other amazing photos or almost amazing photos that still deserved some of my appreciation (points)

then at the end the poll tallies up their total scores, and that determines the winner.

not sure if this works but it was just a thought. Might allow for some more nuanced voting from the (pretty much) judging panel

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          lol rofl bet you poor old A12 didn't realise for second 'what they were getting themselves in for' !!

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great question!!!! From what I can see. The standard poll let's you only vote once for any of the poll choices including voting for your self - once you vote thats it and you can't change it. Form what I can see so far, but I have limited knowledge of the system
          Mult choices - you can vote for all of the poll choices, including yourself. Once again your vote can't be changed later.

We will give it a go next round to see if it works

• retlaw4
          retlaw4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think with dozens of voters, voting for yourself wouldn’t matter. But with 15-20 voters and people winning with like 4 total votes, the voting for yourself issue needs to be ironed out.

Guess it doesn’t matter too much as there’s no actual prize, but it would be nice to know if the voting system wasn’t just relying on honesty.

Originally posted by lepo76 View Post
        Some really awesome shots this week!

Click image for larger version  Name:	potw_res.jpg Views:	31 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	67766
        Congratulations lepo76 the winner of the second Potw.

Another great turnout from everyone
        Last edited by Artemis12; 06-04-21, 08:50.

Comment

• lepo76
          lepo76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yay! thank you

• Artemis12
          Artemis12 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the new avatar

Good win lepo76, way to go Sir

​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​
        Harlan