Test poll for multi choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test poll for multi choice

Just testing the multiple choice, please give it a go over the next hour.

Cheers, A12
    62.50%
    37.50%
    75.00%
    50.00%
    37.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Artemis12; 06-04-21, 09:34.

Sweet, this seems to work pick as many as you like
    Last edited by Artemis12; 06-04-21, 09:33.

Comment

I just voted 5 times. One for each. Could I vote more than once for the same photo to give it a higher score?

Comment

is there a way to limit the number of votes? like having 3 "tokens" each that we can distribute as we like

Comment

• retlaw4
          retlaw4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Was thinking this also, but we should be allowed to allocate two out of three tokens to the same picture too

• lepo76
          lepo76 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, if we have a fav pic we should be able to vote multiple time for it
          Another rule I think should be to not being able to vote on your own?

• retlaw4
          retlaw4 commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know that was already a strict rule. But I don't know who was policing it? Who can see who votes for what?

this forum s/w cost quite a few grand, and it's costs money basically all the time to keep it running but it doesn't offer any of the advanced (extra?) poll features being requested above unfortunately.

i am pretty (very ?) thick but if a few (more) people vote, why would the person w/the most votes not be a winner by number of votes ?

[EDIT] I think there's a Poll Add-On but with this s/w it's a bit complicated to 'add-on' lol... hopefully it's like LeroyC says and that 'it is early days yet'
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• retlaw4
          retlaw4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Understandable. We're just think it would be more nuanced if there was either; WAY more people voting, or, each voter was given multiple but a maximum number of votes (chips or tokens) so you can help shape second and third place. It's sad to see some photos not even getting one vote

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          100% rw4

I actually txt'd a few people and prompted them to vote entries off of zero

Originally posted by lepo76 View Post
        is there a way to limit the number of votes? like having 3 "tokens" each that we can distribute as we like
        The moderators and admin can see who voted for which option, but I think this is only possible while the poll is live as I can no longer see it on yesterday's poll.

Comment

Hi All,

The poll function is super basic, but its the fairest way of running the show, otherwise its going to become super complicated

With the poll system you only have two options - single vote as it sounds, one vote only or the other option is multiple choice which means as you can guess, you can vote for all entries only once. Once you vote that is it and you can't change it for both voting options.

You can make the vote public. This option let's everyone see how you voted.
          I did have this on the other day, but thought that it was a bit unfair to see who was voting and for whom, so i disabled it.

Feedback required for the following

Options available to the group

-single vote. makes you think about your vote more carefully and is simple and pretty fair.

- multiple votes. Let's you vote for more that one option, it too is pretty simple and fair especially if you can't decide between a few options.

- We could make a rule that you can't vote for yourself??? Feedback required

We can keep going with the current set up for the rest of the month and see how things go?? This way we get a real fee for what changes are required. Or we can go with the multi vote for the next two and evaluate it after two weekends??

Cheers, A12
          Last edited by Artemis12; 06-04-21, 16:42. Reason: Spelling "lol"

Comment

• lepo76
            lepo76 commented
            Editing a comment
            my preference is single vote and that you can't vote for yourself
            I do understand the multiple votes argument but if the "token" system is not in place to support it, like you said , your votes have less meaning than when you only have one

I vote one vote, and not allowed to vote your own. keeps it simple.
          'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Working...
          X