No announcement yet.

What has the postman left this time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the Tuna discussions - wonder if this is a project for someone...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SEIKO-7549-7 ... 2a1f75286d

Comment

Given the Tuna discussions - wonder if this is a project for someone...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SEIKO-7549-7 ... 2a1f75286d

Jason it looks exactly what Harlan is after for his modding project

Attached files

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

I did wonder Not a DIY guy myself, but I know how awesome these watches are, and some people are magicians!

Comment

Unveiling the 'Sotto':

Attached files

Comment

You guys are gonna have to tell me what 'PO' stands for. I can usually work out these abbreviations, such as PP = Patek, SMP = Omega Seamaster, JLC = Jaeger etc. But can't work out PO.

Anyway here's a few pics of the Olipai. The movement is running ridiculously well, with plenty of power reserve. I'll time it properly sometime as it could be very interesting. The strap in these pics is the leather one off Ian's custom De Rieter. It looked really good, but didn't have enough substance to it for the rather large Olipai. It'll need a nice thick leather strap, rubber, maybe a Zulu, or maybe mesh. I've got it on an olive drab nylon Mil strap at the moment, which works a bit better but I'll get something better for sure.

Attached files

Comment

Leroy, those are great and excellent photos, they look good on the wrist which is always important! :thumbup: . The box for the Sotto is very impressive. BTW, PO= Planet Ocean.

Attached files

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Leroy, those are great and excellent photos, they look good on the wrist which is always important! :thumbup: . The box for the Sotto is very impressive. BTW, PO= Planet Ocean.

Ah yes the Planet Ocean. I thought it looked familiar. Thanks for setting me straight Steve. It's quite a clever watch then this Olipai. They've walked the fine line between homage and replica very nicely. They've branded it with their own brand for starters. And although it's not a chrono it doesn't have the useless non-active subdials that you see on some 'replicas'. The dial at 9 is day of the week, the one at 3 is the date (you'll notice there's no date window), and the one at 6 is a 24hr hand which is pretty cool. The pushers are used to set the day and date and both crowns are screwdown. About the only disappointment is the style of the pushers I guess. As it's not a chrono it would been nice to just see some small pushers, might've even added another distinguishing feature making it more of a homage.
                :D :D

Comment

Working...
                X