Opinions. . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions. . . .

Hey guys new here, new purchase, i know michael hill isnt top of the line, but i loved the design and couldnt find anything similar in my price range. opinions? It is full stainless nitrided, carbon fibre dial, screwn crown cover. im a mechanical engineer and wanted a industrial looking watch. I love it.

Welcome to the forum. Great picture of your new watch, it looks well made and solid. I always liked that look, reminds me of a u boat. Enjoy wearing it. :D
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

I really love the bulkiness of it, its quite heavy, with a 50mm bezel. I like the carbon fibre dial. It has sparked an interest in collecting, i have an Olympic quartz model, nothing special, i bought about ten years ago, as well.

Comment

I really love the bulkiness of it, its quite heavy, with a 50mm bezel. I like the carbon fibre dial. It has sparked an interest in collecting, i have an Olympic quartz model, nothing special, i bought about ten years ago, as well.
        That chequer look dial is often achieved with carbon and looks great with different light reflections. Sounds like you might have the watch bug mate.... No escaping and no cure

Comment

awesome looking piece, big, gnarly looking - great start I reckon - you'll love the boutique divers - check out pete/pedro's various wrist guards....

Comment

Sorry the dial is carbon fibre, not the bezel lol. yep ive got the bug! The chronograph movement seems solid, its quite a "thick" watch, definitely sticks out. anyone know where michael hill watches are assembled? says japan movement, and the saleswoman said they were made in Brisbane. But i like to get detail!

Comment

welcome mate.

U-boat was my first thought when i saw it, then this guy needs to find Boschett cave dwellers, Enzo and Panerai (google away friend) like the look of the dial a lot. regarding the MH top of line comment; this is where most of us fell down at some point. you buy a watch because you like the look of it, then you find out there are others that look even better, wear even bigger, last even longer, cost even more! and your life as you knew it is over :twisted:

it begin's......

Pedro.....we have another one for the "ooh, big and shiny" group :D
              “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
              Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Ha yeah i have been image searchung alot!! So much to choose from! Now i need more money! Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Comment

Personally, that watch doesn't work for me.. Crown too big.. But carbon dial is good.. as in this diver I have..

Cheers
                  Tony Lewis
                  New Zealand

Comment

Shows the knowledge of Michael Hill staff - say anything to make a sale. These watches are not made in Brisbane ( no watches are),they are made in China,probably with a Miyota Japanese movement.

Comment

Shows the knowledge of Michael Hill staff - say anything to make a sale. These watches are not made in Brisbane ( no watches are),they are made in China,probably with a Miyota Japanese movement.
                      I was wondering what the Japanese movement might be. Nothing wrong with Miyota, my watches with these movements run strong and accurately. FYI robssei they are part of the Citizen group and these movements have a very good reputation.
                      Yep I thought the idea of them being made in Brisbane was a bit fanciful most stuff in that price range is assembled in China even some high rep Japanese brands like Seiko have Chinese assembled watches.

Comment

something happens in Brizzy.....would guess at boxing up

Michael Hill Manufacturing

Contact details

Address: 7 Smallwood Pl, Murarrie, QLD 4172
                        Brisbane Inner South
                        Tel: 07 33990200
                        http://michaelhill.com
                        Email - none provided|Directions

Overview
                        Map

Map

Attached files

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

Maybe a few watchmakers went over this year as part of the other 52000 nzers who went over

Comment

Maybe a few watchmakers went over this year as part of the other 52000 nzers who went over

which would explain why we are all waiting 3months at a time to get our watches back!!!!!! thats it, all figured out :D fecking ozzies and their proper wages who do they think they are

Comment

Ha ha ha yeah i figured it would be packing. Almost temted to open it up to see whats inside. Lol. Heres a pic of the case back. And another angle. I paid $429 for it, reduced from $550. [prepares for burning to come!]

Comment

Working...
                              X