Vintage IWC - secondhand shop find..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage IWC - secondhand shop find..

Found this one at local secondhand shop.. $2..

It is running.. Needs a new crown, stem and crystal.. Not sure condition of the movement as unsure if the back opens or if it is one of those through the glass types..

Maybe one for me to check out with Blair next time I am up in Auckland..

Cheers
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Hey Tony looks about as good as that orient I picked up last week for about the same price
    You never know though, might be OK.
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Hey Tony looks about as good as that orient I picked up last week for about the same price
      You never know though, might be OK.

This one is ticking away nicely.. Not sure how much can be done with the dial, but assuming that I can get a crown, stem and crystal fitted, it may not be too bad.. The dial looks like the markers have had some water damage and there are signs that it had small dots of lume at outer edge of the markers..

Also, unlike your Orient, there is no corrosion of the case..

Cheers
      Tony Lewis
      New Zealand

Comment

What the hell Tony $2 your still well on the winning side, :D I will give you $4 now thats 100% profit, now what have you to say about that Great find, good on ya great score,im pissed of with that, dont tell me its that $2 jar in Woodville
        'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

What the hell Tony $2 your still well on the winning side, :D I will give you $4 now thats 100% profit, now what have you to say about that Great find, good on ya great score,im pissed of with that, dont tell me its that $2 jar in Woodville

No this one was from local secondshop at the beach.. Also picked up ladies highbeat Seiko 2205 for $5..

I think this one is on the project list rather than for flicking on.. Even with the offer of 100% profit..
          Tony Lewis
          New Zealand

Comment

Also, unlike your Orient, there is no corrosion of the case..

Cheers

Bugger and here was me thinking that was valuable patina :? Like Pete says if you can fix tihis one up it will be a good score!

Comment

WOW :thumbup: Nice find Tony, I bet your heart skipped a beat when you picked that up I reckon it will have a cal852 or 853 in it. 8-)
              Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

WOW :thumbup: Nice find Tony, I bet your heart skipped a beat when you picked that up I reckon it will have a cal852 or 853 in it. 8-)
                Yep both considered great IWC movements and somewhat rare. Probably dates it from the early 50s to mid 60s depending on the movement.

Comment

Yep.. Especially when it started ticking with a gentle swing and then the guy said $2.. Also because of the patina on the dial showing its age, I figured it is unlikley to be a knock off..
                  Tony Lewis
                  New Zealand

Comment

I picked up a 9ct solid gold ladies Longines a couple of years ago in a secondhand shop, the ladie asked me how much i would pay for it, i said $10 and she said deal :D
                    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Looks like a very nice purchase. I have a very similar IWC that was given to me because it didn't go and the automatic rotor post was rusted right through. A watchmaker friend of mine turned out to have a brand new post sitting in a drawer, which he gave to me, and after a few hours work I had a really nice working watch. This one should scrub up really well and I'm happy to take a look.

Blair.
                      "Even a broken clock is right two or three times a day." -- Goofy.

Comment

Before I send off to Blair, I thought I would have a go at cleaning the crystal with some Autosol paste.. Here is the result..

Cheers
                        Tony Lewis
                        New Zealand

Comment

I feel sick.

Comment

I feel sick.
                            Yes, life is filled moments of extreme jealousy.
                            Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

I feel sick.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well, Leroy.. get well soon..
                              Tony Lewis
                              New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X