IWC Aquatimer 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWC Aquatimer 2000

IWC Aquatimer 2000, reference 3568. Introduced in 2009, the 3568 replaces the internal-bezel 3548 model. The 3568 uses the ETA-based 30110 movement (2892-A2 base), and upgrades to a sapphire-coated conventional bezel with six-layer underside SuperLumiNova.

Specifications
    Reference: IW356810
    Case material: stainless steel
    Strap: black rubber
    Dial colour: black
    Jewels: 21
    Calibre: 30110
    Mechanical movement, Self-winding
    42-hour power reserve when fully wound
    Date display
    Central hacking seconds
    Mechanical external rotating bezel
    Luminescent elements on hands, dial and external rotating bezel
    Screw-in crown
    Sapphire glass, convex, antireflective coating on both sides
    Water-resistant 200 bar (2000m)
    Strap quick-change system
    Case height 14 mm
    Diameter 44 mm

Movement
    The movement is a Top-grade ETA 2892, with changes from IWC which ETA incorporates into the movement.

Face
    The sapphire crystal is slightly domed and anti-reflective on both sides and face visibility is excellent. The bezel is mirror flat and covered by sapphire. This allows the lume to be placed underneath the sapphire bezel and gives the watch a really unusual look. The bezel lume gives the watch a stunning look at night. The sapphire bezel should wear very well.
    The unidirectional bezel is 60-click. Very precise and a solid feel to the movement.

The yellow bezel and hands are a feature of the watch. The yellow is understated and works well with the dark face. The second hand has a yellow arrow on the tip. Markers are applied and are very well finished with sharply polished edges. The black face and bezel give the watch a conservative look. There are no crown guards or helium release valve. IWC say the watch is so well engineered neither are necessary. I won't be testing the helium capabilities!

Case
    The case is a mixture of brushed and polished stainless steel with the edges being sharply finished accentuating the lug angles and faces. The watch is WR to 2000m so would have to be classed as a serious bit of diving kit.

Crown
    Winding is incredibly smooth and it's actually hard to tell if it is actually winding.
    The crown is nicely signed and the threads are the best I have encountered, screwing it down is a breeze and the crown threads are easy to engage.

Straps
    The quick release strap system IWC licensed from Cartier. It uses the tip of a finger to release the strap but this feature has received some criticism on OS forums as the strap choices are limited to IWC supplied straps. They are fairly pricey but I suspect no more so than Rolex or Omega genuine replacement straps. But, if you are a strap flipper this is not the watch for you. The system works very well non the less.
    The rubber strap and buckle are very good quality and the strap is very comfortable. The buckle is signed and is a mixture of brushed and polished SS to match the watch. The watch wears very easily despite its weight.

Accuracy
    According to what I have read on other forums these watches are all hand adjusted before they leave the factory. This one is running at +- 0 seconds per day on the wrist. I set it to atomic time 3 days ago and have checked it every 24 hours with the same result. COSC standards!

Lume
    Luminosity is very bright. It's not Tuna bright but the 2 colours and glowing bezel are very cool at night.

I have been wearing this watch to work and it is one of those rare watches that looks good with a suit as well as casual. Like my other IWC watches the finish to every aspect of the watch is outstanding. Pretty happy with it.
    Many OS forums are into one on one battles between this watch and the Rolex submariner. I'll avoid such comparisons never having owned a Rolex but I will say this is easily the best dive watch I have owned.

Attached files

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

easily the best diver you've owned is a telling statement given the one you have it photographed with!!

It is a beautiful looking watch, no mistaking that! Congrats!

Comment

It is a beautiful looking watch, no mistaking that! Congrats!
      +1

When I saw it on Harlan's wrist I was :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . You're a lucky guy and definitely a more sexually attractive Rock Star moderator now!

It has replaced a MM600 as my #1 grail.
      Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Comment

yea, its alright looking i suppose :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i hate you, i hate you, i hate

its a beauty mate, im thinking that the tudor and LLD will be going next year to pave the way for something in this class. happy wearing sunshine.
        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Thanks gents :D . Just shut myself in the wardrobe and took a lume shot and added it above. Missus thinks I've lost it :roll:
          Lume is brighter in real life, might have to titu with the camera settings I think. Anyway gives the 2 colour effect.
          “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

+1

simply stunning 8-)
            "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It can not be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell" - Buddha

Comment

Very nice watch Stevo no doubt, almost got one too last month. :thumbup:
              You will not go wrong with loving watches, they tend to keep you on time than your wife...

Comment

Working...
              X