Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 options, input appreciated.

gents,

i have 2 options for my next entrant to the box of 5 and have come to a bit of an impass in my thinking. so, put it to the advisory panel of big thinkers and see what comes to the fore.

option 1.
    3725 inge as below:

2yrs old, well priced and boy is happy to ship and very genuine. watch is part of a 30watch collection so not a lot of wear time. i have several pics without any trickery and the watch looks spot on and in 90% condition easy.

option 2.
    3227 inge as below:

not actual watch but just for ref. offered is same condition as 3725 and similar price.

now, i went through a few months of wanting either a vc overseas or AP RO and it struck me that i likes these because they reminded me of the inge i had always wanted long ago before getting side tracked with the others. so i went back to view and instantly knew the inge was the winner of the 3, same slightly obtuse case style, nowhere near the finish shine of the other two but a much more functional and masculine watch desinged for a purpose beyond the others (the new inge with the display back makes me cringe when i think of what these watches are supposed to be about) anyway to my predicament:

the 3725 chrono is an IWC with a "heavily" reworked 7750 (cant find detail of the actual "heavy rework"! inside and the 3227 has the very well regarded IWC in-house 81 inside. what i cant seem to get through is the modded movement verses inhouse. i like both styles and the prices are so close it makes no odds.

gents, i put it to you if you were presented with an option for either watch, forgoing your personal taste in style(not easy) which would you lean towards? and if you happen to know the +/- of the movements inside please share.

thanks

p.s please no other options liket he classic "neither...i would buy one of these for the money!" i know it is of these two, i just need a kick out of or into the inhouse camp.

Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

I personally like the idea of inhouse movements..
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Comment

Its the middle of the afternoon
      Why the feck aren't you at work
      An before you ask me the same question , I'm waiting on my flight back to work

Ok I know nothing techo about IWC , or anything all about them .
      But when I look at the 2 watches the 3725 says I'm a IWC and "In your Face"
      The 3227 doesn't say that
      and in fact if I saw it on your wrist , my first impression at a glance would be its a Oris WIllimas F1 model .

My thoughts are that if you want a IWC then the watch has to Scream "I'm a IWC"

That help......probably not
      Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Do what I do when I can't make up my mind. Get em both
        'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

both comments so far actually help :D not normally a fan of screaming watches (ploprof, kazimon bronze, steinhart 47mm and breitling aside )

i am at work

my main "gripe/concern/bone of contention" call it what you will is that a lot of what i read is the 80110 is a good movement and well regarded but is itself nothing more than a slightly redesigned nonchrono 7750 infact similar to what Panerai do, not to digress from this topic but when you delve into the world of "inhouse" a lot of reading can be quite disturbing, inhouse can mean made by someone else but exclusively for a company! i cant seem to get out of the thought that im being slightly mislead

lots more reading to be done but if anyone else knows better or can elaborate further please chime in.

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

Do what I do when I can't make up my mind. Get em both

been thought about but its not a mice and cheese or peppered steak type question need funds for the Tudor BB next

Comment

OK. Forced to choose. I would go with option 2.
              'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

I like the 3227, one of the things most IWC fanatics agree on is that IWC are very very secretive about what modifications they do to their movements. However it is accepted that IWC do have genuine "in house" movements so that is what I would go for. Very nice BTW, have actually tried a couple of Ings on and they sit very nicely. Good luck.
                “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

An insight to the IWC rework
                  http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Series/I...Movements.html
                  Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Don't know much about IWC in general, but what I do know is that if you break an "in house" movement, you will find it nigh on impossible to get it fixed with original parts unless you send it back to the manufacturer. Such is the grip that high end watch manufacturers have on their spare parts inventories. Still, I would find it difficult to choose between the ones you are looking at, but at a pinch, I think the first one looks nicer
                    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

I like the chrono Ingy more - IWC does enough to 7750 movemets to justify price tags, plus you need a few more chronos in your box

The other one is good too but if I had to chose between two models above I'd go with the chrono.

Comment

I like the chrono Ingy more - IWC does enough to 7750 movemets to justify price tags, plus you need a few more chronos in your box
                        The other one is good too but if I had to chose between two models above I'd go with the chrono.

im actually finding myself drawn more to the chrono anyway so the movement may be a moot point, awaiting emails from both them flip a coin i think

thanks gents.

Comment

im actually finding myself drawn more to the chrono anyway so the movement may be a moot point, awaiting emails from both them flip a coin i think

thanks gents.

It won't matter much mate. You will flip it in a week.

Comment

and the deal is done :D :D it all came down to price in the end so i went for the

Comment

so i went for the

Chrono? :roll: :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X