Two Speedmasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Speedmasters

Thought I would share a photo of two Speedmasters. The one on the right is mine . I bought it about 20 yrs ago when I got my first fulltime job. The shop had two so I bought the one on the left as a present for my father as he had always been into watches but being a good father had always put other things first .
    My watch has had a restful life , but my dads never leaves his wrist. Its there when he paints , cuts wood , fixes the car ,and it has the scars to show it. He has cracked the glass several times , and dropped it more than once ( needed a new main spring ) but he continues to wear it daily. I know he treasurers it and I am glad he uses it .

Your Dad must be like mine. He was given a Tudor on his 21st, last year I brought it up for Nick to ser ice and we found roof paint on it and mud under the clasp.

Comment

good on your dad, watches are made to wear not for care 8-)
      'why tip toe thru life ,only to arrive safely at death'

Comment

couldn't agree more , but sometimes when I see the speedy splattered in paint I think I should have given him a G shock

Comment

very cool - love seeing watches used. interesting patina on your Dad's vs. yours. Assuming he spends quite a bit of time outside.

Comment

Nothing better than a well worn watch IMO better still when they keep ticking :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
            X