Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Planet Ocean Accuracy

Hey Team,

I have had my Omega PO (2500D) now for about a week and I love it. It hasn't left my wrist...It is chronometer certified, which, if I understand correctly should give a worst case scenario of +/- 6 secs per 24 hrs. Well mine is consistently running at +10 secs per 24hrs.

What could cause a big increase like that and Is there anything that can be done to bring this back to the COSC or preferably better?

The case back has not been opened as the red dot is still there.

Thanks
    Air

ps. Here is a picture...just because I can :D

Attached files

Nice watch. How old is It? +10 secs isn't all that bad but it may just need regulating if you are that bothered about it.
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Thank! Its 3 and a bit years old.

Air

Comment

Thank! Its 3 and a bit years old.

Air

OK so it shouldn't need servicing, might just need regulating which a good watchmaker will be able to do. If it was me though I wouldn't worry about it!

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll have to see if it annoys me enough to get it regulated. Otherwise I can have it done when next services.
          When do you recommend a service?? I read somewhere 5 years!?
          Air

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll have to see if it annoys me enough to get it regulated. Otherwise I can have it done when next services.
            When do you recommend a service?? I read somewhere 5 years!?
            Air
            Yes 5 years seems to be the manufacturers recommended time, however I reckon most watch owners get a service done when the watch shows signs of needing it. Ie if it is going well, leave it alone.

Comment

Well let us not forget the Co-Axial movements can go longer between service (supposedly) I think 7 years is a long enough gap to go between service if your wearing it everyday though, you want to make sure you prevent major wear to your lovely watch. IMHO

As for 10 seconds, that probably wouldn't bother me that much. If it is consistent it shouldn't be too hard for a good watchmaker to easily sort out if it does annoy you. I generally like my watches to be within 10 seconds deviation a day, which they all are. My skx007 is +6 or 7 seconds a day after being regulated. Your Omega should easily be more accurate.

Comment

if its consistent I would say no worries yet, if it bugs you get it regulated but before you do (watchmaker somewhere say if im right or wrong) I think watches run fast if they have become magnetised? so could be a simple case of demag either at the local watchmaker or just run it over the demag plate at the check out next time out are out shopping at any of the electrical stores. :D
                “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                Always aim to be that man.

Comment

A magnetised watch will normally run a little fast. Its a quick and easy fix.
                  I would recommend having your watch serviced before you notice problems. This lessens the likely hood of the watch needing parts.
                  I\'m not saying kill all the stupid people. I\'m just saying remove all the warning labels and the problem will sort itself out.

Comment

or just run it over the demag plate at the check out next time out are out shopping at any of the electrical stores. :D

As in Harvey Noman etc.. can I actually do that?
                    May be I can just go and see Nairns and ask
                    If they can do it.

Comment

Thanks all, I'll try de-magnetizing and see if it makes a difference if not I'll let it be..until next service.

Air

Comment

Well, I had the watch de-magnetized yesterday and reset the time at 3.30pm. Since then I have gained .5 or at max 1 sec...awesome so far. Thanks guys.

Air

Comment

nice one, result :thumbup:

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

Quick update....I have been taking my watch off at night and placing it flat. Over the last week it has constantly run sat +1 sec per 24 hrs....so happy now

On a completely separate note. How many of you guys sleep with a watch on? What about shower etc..?

Comment

Quick update....I have been taking my watch off at night and placing it flat. Over the last week it has constantly run sat +1 sec per 24 hrs....so happy now
                              that's a good result for sure :thumbup:

On a completely separate note. How many of you guys sleep with a watch on? What about shower etc..?

I eat, sleep, procreate, shower, poo, pee, drive, tidy house, hand washing, fill dish washer, empty dish washer, walk in rain, walk in sun, walk in humid conditions, I skip, do press-ups, lift stoopidly heavy things, fix car, go to work, work, sit in pointless meetings, swear it people, explain it was their fault and if they didn't want a slap they shouldn't have asked such ...... sorry drifting off track here in short mate, if your watch is rated water resistant or is a 500m+ behemoth of steel then im pretty sure it is safe to wear in most daily situations including the dreaded shower of doom with its harsh chemical content. I know and accept that a lot of people wont wear their watches near watch and only buy them to appreciate the aesthetic beauty of them and that's fine. I buy mine to be worn and wear them I do. I obviously wouldn't wear a vintage while in water! my Breitling is rated for +5m as in if im more than 5m away from water it should be ok. and this is the fun part of the insanity that is WIS buying a watch for every possible physical situation you may encounter and pretending that 1 day you will find the one watch to rule them all.........my precious 8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X