replacing bezel on speedmaster 3523.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing bezel on speedmaster 3523.80

I've got an omega ref 3523.80. Watch was from 2004 and runs great. However the tachymeter bezel showed some sign of wear and I would like it replaced if possible.

Anyone know if omega parts can be ordered via individual watch maker ? Or is it like Rolex that you must send back to their service centre? And how much roughly I would be looking at ?

Was at st Luke's mall today so dropped into David okeefes jeweller and was told that I need to pay a $30 NON refundable fee just for quote, and they have absolutely no idea on how much it might be (whether in the hundreds, five hundreds or thousands). So walked out straight after that.

hey - these are about $330NZD + shipping I believe. PM Sent w/ more info.

Comment

ofrei.com :thumbup:
      Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

yep - ofrei part OME-082SS1273

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I presume most watch makers can fit them once ordered?

Comment

I believe the bezel is a "press fit" over an "O ring" so yes, a competent watchmaker should have no trouble fitting it.

Comment

Thanks for the help, going to order it and once it's sorted I will post some pics =)

Comment

Finally got the bezel replaced =) Thanks for all your help. loving the new bezel! Makes the watch look so much nicer.

P.S. Just noticed that the hour marker on the dial is slightly discoloured (you can see on some patches on the silver)- not very obvious unless you look very closely at it. I guess this reflect the age of the watch being >10 years.

Can anyone recommend a reliable watch maker to get this fixed / replaced at my next service? I wonder if Omega still make the replacement dial like Rolex does for their older models. Don't really mind if it is independent jeweller as long as they can do a good job, anywhere in NZ would be fine.

Here is a complimentary pic :D

Attached files

Comment

You may just get away with cleaning the mark off. Has it ever had moisture entry?
                  I\'m not saying kill all the stupid people. I\'m just saying remove all the warning labels and the problem will sort itself out.

Comment

Not that I am aware of. The previous owner did have the hands replaced in the service in 2012 though. Maybe they were looking a bit old then.

Comment

I reckon Nick is spot on. Those marks should clean off if they bother you. Nick would probably be your man too :thumbup: Having said that, some people let their watches age naturally

Comment

Those marks didn't clean off when i replaced the bezel, they have pitted the batons, just thought i would let you know.
                        It would be a new dial

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I've sent it for inspection, will post up more details

Comment

Working...
                          X