Thoughts on cal 1110?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on cal 1110?

Just got a 18k/ss auto cal 1110 omega constellation with saphire back and front. Photos when it arrives.

Any comments on the quality of the movement? The watch is labelled a Chronometer and the movement appears to be original but I see mixed comments regarding it being a Chrono online..

Omega database suggests movement is not original. What I find interesting is there are multiple examples of a Constellation with cal 1110

Comment

Hi Harry, I'm no expert on these watches, but from what I've read, I doubt the watch in question is 100% genuine. Having a Omega cal 1110 non certified chronometer(ETA 2892-2) movement directly contradicts what is stated on the dial. At best, I suppose that the rotor could have been switched at some point.
      I would seriously think about returning the watch to the seller (Assuming they didn't point the discrepancy out to you before you bought) Then look around for a 100% original model
      Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Yeah I agree it is not the original movt clearly. They were only made with 1109/1111 in this design. Got a good deal so most likely will keep and source a 1111movt myself!

Does anyone know a good site for purchasing omega movements?

Comment

I reckon Otto Frei might be your best bet, or perhaps a second hand one from fleabay. Be aware that Swatch group :evil: :evil: are squeezing parts availability to just about everyone, so you might be in for a long wait
          Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Working...
          X