Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega De Ville and Geneve

Hi Timekeepers,

I wish you all great start to the new year!

I was clearing out some boxes and found a couple of watches.

They were gifted to me many moons ago before I took an interest in timepieces so I would like to know more about them.

Is it worth getting both watches serviced/rehaulled?

Information about model number and worth would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Aaron

As you are in Auckland, Aaron, I would suggest you go see Blair at Watches on Broadway in Newmarket.. He can open for you to get a movement pic and give you some idea of service costs..

Cheers
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Comment

As you are in Auckland, Aaron, I would suggest you go see Blair at Watches on Broadway in Newmarket.. He can open for you to get a movement pic and give you some idea of service costs..

Cheers
      Hi there,

That was exactly my plan!!

I live 10 mins walk to Blairs hideout.

My question is, is it worth taking it there?

Cheers,

Aaron

Comment

Yes indeed
        Tony Lewis
        New Zealand

Comment

Hey Aaron, met you in the watch shop today and decided to log on and see what was new and found this straight away! Good luck with these, let us know how you get on

Comment

Hey Aaron, met you in the watch shop today and decided to log on and see what was new and found this straight away! Good luck with these, let us know how you get on Jason
            Hi Jason!

Great catching up today! And awesome Speedy

I will post some updates if I go ahead with it!

We should catch up again some time!

Cheers,

Aaron

Comment

A bit slow on this thread but I think the Geneve is likely to be late '60s and have an Omega 613 movement. I have a very similar 1968 Geneve that I inherited from my grandfather that has a Omega 601 movement. I believe the 600 series movements are in house. I had my Geneve serviced a couple of years ago at Precision in New Lynn for about $400, which may have been the first time it was ever serviced
              It runs well now and is my dress watch. Hopefully that is of some use.

Here's mine.

Comment

This thread come to an end??? wanted to know outcome of the two omegas,?
                'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Working...
                X