• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinn 903 ST

A quick review

Specifications:
    Model: 903 St
    Dial: Black electroplated dial, white / Ivory contrasting sub dials and internal slide rule
    Date: between 4 and 5 o'clock
    Sub dials: Chronograph time elapsed seconds, minutes, hours at 9, 3 and 6 o'clock
    Case material: Stainless steel
    Standard straps: Black leather with white stitching or stainless steel bracelet
    Base movement: Valjoux 7750
    Movement winding: Automatic
    Jewels: 27 bearing jewels
    Crystal: Sapphire domed - anti reflective on both sides
    Case back: Sapphire
    Crown: Screw-down
    Slide rule: Crown at 10 o'clock
    Water pressure resistance: 10 bar / 100 m
    Case diameter: 41.0 mm
    Watch height: 14.5 mm
    Weight without strap: 88 g

General impressions:
    Difficult to fault this watch. German manufacturers Sinn are famous for the build, materials used and finish quality of their watches and this is no exception. Inevitably this watch will be compared to the Breitling Navitimer from which it gets it's heritage due to Sinn acquiring and using the rights to the navi dial. Plenty of direct comparison reviews on the net and u tube.
    Price wise this watch is a no brainer even though the dealers where I looked at Breitlings were offering substantial discounts (40%). Not sure why.
    I was in the position to compare each watch make closely within a very short time period. Despite the obvious dial similarity the Sinn has a very different feel to the Navis, hard to put your finger on but it I would say the Sinn lacks the bling factor of the Breitlings. Even though the Sinn is beautifully finished it has a more tool like feel. I chose to put the watch on a hand made vintage leather strap by Kaufmann and am pretty happy with the look which adds to the tool, casual feel. The 41mm size sits well on the wrist and the extended pushers are well clear of the wrist. Pushers and crown action are crisp and have a very solid feel. Hand alignment is perfect. The main hour markers and hands are lumed and the brightness is satisfactory. I was definitely after a panda dial and the black and cream contrast with a hint of red is a feature. The fine detail of this watch dial is incredible and apparently takes 30 different processes to complete.

Packaging is good but I suspect Sinn may be a bit like Seiko who tend to put the effort into the watches rather than the boxes. For once this watch comes with an excellent instruction book and it even explains how to use the slide rule functions on the dial.

A few pics taken today, thanks for reading.

Attached files

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Very nice Steve, and that strap combo really sets the watch off well. Thanks for taking the time to give us a run down :thumbup:
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

:thumbup: Good effort on the "pocket shot" Steve.
      Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Working...
      X