Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko SBBN007 aka Tuna Can. Photographs

GS but only by a nose
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Great photos. I love the lume shot with the second hand tracking around - shutter open for 15 seconds?

Comment

shutter open for 15 seconds?

Yep, exactly 15 seconds

Comment

:D Cor How do you keep it still for so long? Id be all over the show, some nice serious watches there.

Comment

:D Cor How do you keep it still for so long? Id be all over the show, some nice serious watches there.

Tripod a must and delayed shutter..
            Tony Lewis
            New Zealand

Comment

I never realised the Tuna was such a serious watch in terms of size comparison. The two SM300s look like they're hiding behind their tougher, bigger, older brother!

Comment

Lookin' bloody good, that's all that needs to be said.
                  [br]
                1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
                2. [br]

[br]
                  [br]
                1. My WAYWOF photo archive
                2. [br]

Comment

I never realised the Tuna was such a serious watch in terms of size comparison. The two SM300s look like they're hiding behind their tougher, bigger, older brother!

A quote from Ed's review (http://edscorner1.blogspot.com/2008/...an-review.html):

The SBBN007 is a really massive timepiece. It's stainless steel case measures 48mm in diameter, not including the crown, 14mm in thickness and has a 22mm band lug width. It's crown is undecorated and, not surprisingly, screws down. It has a thick, domed, Hardlex crystal that is screwed down to the watch case for improved water resistance (Hardlex is Seiko's proprietary crystal material that is harder than regular mineral glass and more shatter resistant than sapphire (but not as scratch resistant). The lume is Seiko's Lumibright (Superluminova to Swiss watch fans. The Swiss actually license their lume paint from Seiko.) and lasts a long time for low light viewing (It's not quite in a Monster's league but it is close). The band is a rubber style diver's band, called the Daloaz, that is specially made for this watch, as I understand it. Water resistance is rated at 300 meters, which should certainly be deep enough for anyone.

Although it's 48mm in diameter it's a very(VERY) comfy watch to wear - lugs are sort of hidden under the shroud, so overall "length" (lug to lug) is pretty much the same as the diameter - 48mm. 45mm Breitling fill have another 5mm on each side to add to it's diameter - overall "length" of 55mm :?

Once again, Ed's review:

I was very pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the Tuna is. For a really big watch, it does not feel unwieldy on the wrist at all. I think the reason for its good feel is that the lugs are very short. The watch wears closer to the wrist that way. It isn't dreadfully heavy either. All in all, even with its dimensions, it would still make for a good daily wearer.

Comment

'Baby' Tuna is in my top 10 watches to own... Pepsi insert and blu hazed sapphire is killer.

Monster watch - fantastic shots, all.
                    Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club
                    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Forgot that I have this version of that lume shot

Like it more than original. 8-)

Comment

Working...
                      X