Stolen: 1960's (?) gold Omega Seamaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen: 1960's (?) gold Omega Seamaster

Hi all, not a regular here but had my watch stolen yesterday during a burglary and was pointed here as a good place to lodge a missing old watch.

Item name: Omega Seamaster
    Date stolen: 30 July 2013
    Last known location, my house in Island Bay, Wellington.

I think it was a Calender model Like this one

Police contact Stephen Wang, Wellington Central

It was 18 carat gold I think. One of those details I never really bothered to note down. The watch was a gift from my fater-in-law. It has an inscrpition on the back which is thanking someone for their long servie to a company. But I can't remember the details. The message was half worn off and faded as it was so long ago. There will probably be only one watch like this with a message like that in the country I would guess.

Anyway, would appreciate it if you fine folk keep your eyes out for it. I've had it for 15 years and it is in really good condition.

Welcome mate sorry to hear of your loss but you've posted in the right place and all members will be on the lookout. By posting this you just increased your chances of recovery by several thousand percent wish you well
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

that sucks mate, if you can remember anything about it it would help. otherwise we could be pointing you in all sorts of directions. example: this one just popped up on TM..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/jewellery-w...-621581654.htm note, im not saying this is the one!! just an example of how close it is with little to go on.

as you can see, gold, similar type and era and a half worn message on the caseback! we will look as we are geeks and nerds and would like nothing more than to do our bit to help. if you find a picture of you wearing it or remember a detail let us know and we will see.
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Thanks guys. That is damn close deerworrier, thanks for pointing out I lack detail. The message on mine was longer, covering most of the back and I had the model with calender (number of the day of the month dial) on the right side of the face. Had a black leather strap, but they are easily replaceable.

Comment

Working...
        X