Seiko Arnie H558 5000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko Arnie H558 5000

I am considering selling my 558. Has anyone any idea what sort of money they sell for. I see the eBay asking prices but what do they really sell for. It's in great shape for its age. I've recently had it serviced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dean, have a look at the bay and filter the search for sold... plenty of examples in differing states of condition. Bear in mind the local market can be quite different, up or down. I don't have much experience selling on the bay and I've heard some real horror stories, but maybe some of the other members can chip in with their experience.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Hi Dean, have a look at eBay and filter the search for sold... plenty of examples in differing states of condition

+1

You can also Google-search the model number, adding "forum" and "FS" for those sold through forum sales board. With both, you can use our TKNZ Watch Grading System (https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=971)to gauge their condition, yours, and relative prices that you can expect to get. Unfortunately, we can't offer valuations here, so those sources are your best bet.
      A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Head to watchrecon.com before eBay, that way you don't see the idiotic prices people try for. Unless you want to sell it on eBay. If you try to sell here or WUS you will need to know the actual value not the chancing bastard value
          “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
          Always aim to be that man.

Comment

And welcome. My opinion, don't sell it. Great watches and will be full on collectable in the future

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

Hopefully this will help...
              https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=arnie&last_days=0

Give you a start point and you can compare condition of yours and the options here.

Comment

Hopefully this will help...
                https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=arnie&last_days=0

Give you a start point and you can compare condition of yours and the options here.
                Thanks. Truth be known I still like it. So will probably hang on to it.

Comment

Very cool watches, and you got some very cool advice...

FWIW/JM2CW I agree with the above comments... tigermantis bought one of these about 8 years ago locally & paid $450.

His watch is in great condition, everything works, everything, the only detractors are that it is a watch head only and it has a split in the rehaut that crosses the display, which is in fact barely noticeable but it is there.

His has a sapphire, as the mineral was quite scratched and it has a very good insert, apart from the sapphire its genuine however he has the mineral in his Underwood I expect.

Using the search function... yep here is the H558 Arnie belonging to tiger mantis.. worth more that $450 8 years later I reckon

Comment

Thanks for the comments

Comment

Working...
                    X