Who knows this strap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knows this strap?

Picked this Seiko rubber divers strap, never seen one like it, 22mlx 270ml with no watch head, so its extra long, and the buckle is marked Seiko st steel japan.T has anyone seen or know which watch this strap came on? and buckle is a dull gold tone.

Attached files

'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

From the golden tuna range I think. my old one had one fitted when I got it.
    H or a few of the Seiko fanboys will recognise it for sure :thumbup:

think this is a repo or from the newer models.

yours would seem to be from the originals with the 3 flats

Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Pete, I believe these to be the Japanese Domestic Market version of the Seiko ZLM09, fitted to the first Golden Tuna 1000m SSBS018 (7C46-7009). That is, they came from the JDM version of this watch I had... https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5642... Though the buckle on mine did not have the "JAPAN. T" like on yours. These JDM ZLM09s are, in fact, very rare to find.

...buckle is a dull gold tone.

Gold tone is due to the plating of titanium nitride.
      Don

Comment

Damn it, now i want a golden tuna again
        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Cheers for that Don, not sure what its going on,

Comment

Don, The strap is the same as in this pic. so its from 1978?.

Attached files

Comment

Don, The strap is the same as in this pic. so its from 1978?.

Not quite the same, Pete, though they do look similar from the top view as in the catalog scan above of the original Golden Tuna 600m (7549-7000). The watch in the catalog came with Seiko GL831 rubber straps, the same as those fitted to vintage Seiko 6309-704x from late-1970s, except with a titanium nitride plated buckle. On the underside of the buckle is stamped "SEIKO / TITANIUM NITRIDE PLATED / ST. STEEL JAPAN. T", as per this picture:

The one that you have, both the straps and buckle, are Seiko ZLM09, fitted to the 1000m model that followed the original 600m. The 1000m was released in 1986 and was in production until sometime during the 90s. ZLM09 are XL-size, i.e. longer than the GL831. Most ZLM09 do not look like yours, though I believe your is genuine and perhaps fitted to the 1000m for only part of its production span. So, the ZLM09 that you have could date to sometime between 1986 and late-1990s.
              Don

Comment

Thanks Don,

Comment

Working...
                X