Limited Edition SBDC059

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Edition SBDC059

Just got this as I'm on Marc's mailing list. 1,000 pieces.

https://goo.gl/5ihfNf

Green & Gold dial works for me!
    Seiko SBDC059 automatic dive watch features a Seiko 23 jewel automatic movement that is also hand windable, a date display, a stainless steel bracelet, and highly luminous hands and markers.
    If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Seiya has sold at least one ... not a fan personally, although the green sumo looks quite nice

Comment

over priced for me , just saying
      'why tip toe thru life ,only to arrive safely at death'

Comment

It's not doing it for me either... just doesn't all gel nicely this one.

The lug edges aren't quite right, too sharp or something, hate to say it but some might even say the case looks 'cheap'.. the dial hue as well, it's not as nice as it could be... to me it doesn't quite make it...

Then again, vs the real deal a 62MAS what does make it, 6159 maybe...

And too make SEIKO L.E.'s lately as well.

Hardly limited when there's so many.

Click image for larger version  Name:	seiko_japan_edition_prospex_emerald_dail_limited_edition_1000pcs_sbdc059_1518774597_56286a3e.jpg Views:	1 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	39600
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Buy the blue version SBDC053

To me it's nicer & less cash.... watches like this shouldn't have bracelets anyway, as if SEIKO sold a 62MAS with anything but a tropic strap

Click image for larger version

Name:	bnib_seiko_sbdc053__sbp053_prospex_diver_2017_1501237719_29aab7fd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	39602
          Harlan
          Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

• NINCA
            NINCA commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep blue works for me

Each to their own, of course, but that's a dogshit picture on that watch ad! Look how badly the case has been clear cut to place on that background. Clearly been done with the magic wand in Pshop, either that or scissors

Comment

I like the blue one too, and never been much of a fan of bracelets. Issues with the chapter ring I hear. On Seiya they even make a point of it in the copy, put me off buying. Somebody said they went through 20 or so at a dealers before finding one that wasn't offset.

Comment

What does it look like then, where is a fair shot?

I hear ya, but am yet to be convinced
              Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Waaa - chaptor ring (rehaut) or rotating ring insert boss ?

Would have though both really easy to fix, but they should be checked before
                packaging eh.
                Harlan
                Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

The link I posted at least has Seikos actual marketing images. I quite like the case design, looks good from the side

Comment

Somehing about misaligned chapter rings. Doesn't line up with bezel marks or something, sorry vague I know. Probably easy to fix but do you really want to be taking apart a brand new watch after dropping $1000 on it?

Comment

I've looked at the pix on the long island watch site 3-4 times today, if those are the images that represent it 'I don't like it' lol!
                      Harlan
                      Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

I won't be buying one, too much for me right now anyway. Seiya sold out.. This is the copy from their site about the manufacturing error.
                        • The chapter ring and index & bezel index and face index not being aligned perfectly.

Comment

Got it... they are good like that, always mentioning the rough crown threads & so on, the pix of this watch online don't show too many off-centre'd rehauts... there ought be a notch locating it, time will tell.

Love the language as always, so cute.

'The chapter ring and index & bezel index and face index not being aligned perfectly.'
                          Harlan
                          Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Working...
                          X