• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare as Rocking Horse Poo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	40525 Citizen Robot, rare as rocking horse poo.
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Cool! ...Learned something new today... These are ana-digi watches, but "Digi-Ana" is actually a Citizen model line? ...Correct me if I'm wrong.
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

• cyma
      cyma commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Don, I had an ana digi, but this ones digi ana and is a citizen line.
      Last edited by cyma; 25-03-18, 11:29.

That’s awesome Cyma

Comment

• harlansmart
      harlansmart commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm seeing these things, on wrists o/seas (and here too a little less commonly) of the young the chic & the hip & the cutting edge stylish... mostly fitted with cool straps. You're not wrong Brucy, its awesome.

Looks good. What makes it rare though Pete?
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Well capt you seen another, ive never seen one of this model, had the ana digi but not this digi ana and this one was like nos
      'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

I can't say I've ever seen one Pete, but then again I haven't been looking. I thought these things were churned out in vast numbers in the 80's. Just goes to show how watch collecting moves on with different generations. Nice find

Comment

Pete, I didn't know much about these early-1980s watches at all--was too young to wear one and when I did receive a watch, something like this would have been too costly to give to a little kid. Thanks to your post though , I did a bit of digging for information last night, and yeah, not much have been documented about them at all.

Originally posted by captainscarlet1 View Post
          I can't say I've ever seen one Pete, but then again I haven't been looking. I thought these things were churned out in vast numbers in the 80's. Just goes to show how watch collecting moves on with different generations. Nice find
          I haven't been looking either, Alex. From what I understand, you are correct in saying that a vast number of Citizen analog-digital watches were produced, nearly three decades' worth in fact ('78 to mid-'00s). They started out being expensive and got cheaper as time went by. The earlier ones were dubbed "Hybrid" watches, and were designated "Digi-Ana", like the one Pete has here (Citizen Digi-Ana 30-0250, nicknamed "Robot Face"). The Digi-Ana 30-0250 seemed to have been made for only a year, between 1982-1983, and was a Japan Domestic Market only model, thus explaining the rarity.

Some were also sold through grey market vendors in the US, and while I couldn't find information on the exact retail price in 1982, I would estimate based on similar Digi-Ana MRSPs that it would have been approximately US$220, which was not exactly cheap in 1982 money. To put this into perspective, in the same year, you could buy a Seiko 150m Diver 6309-7040 "Cushion Case" for around US$175, depending where you got it. In 1982, a Rolex Air-King retailed for US$625... There's still a lot to research about these Digi-Ana watches, as I mentioned. If I add another paragraph to this post, it'll probably end up being the longest writing on this watch on the internet.
          Last edited by Don; 26-03-18, 10:58.
          A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

• cyma
            cyma commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for all that Don, you found out more about the watch than I could find, its a cool watch though, and has found a new home.

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, they were not cheap, thats for sure, will be surprised if in time, they do not go up & UP in value, consequently many more 'such paragraphs will appear'! Thanks Don, interesting too read as usual... if one ONLY did what you suggested, one would be 25x better off lol. Should find a safe queen & lock it away (sans battery lol).

'If I add another paragraph to this post, it'll probably end up being the longest writing on this watch on the internet.' - Don

Thanks for that Don. You learn something new every day.
          I went through a phase in the eighties buying all manner digital/analogue watches. I think I remember having a Seiko with tiny calculator buttons on it and a Citizen which had a barometer and altimeter in a similar package as Pete's watch, and a fair few others. I'm sure that once the battery went flat, I just bought a new one. I might have to have a rummage in a couple of old long forgotten sock drawers

Comment

• cyma
            cyma commented
            Editing a comment
            How many cits you found Capt?
        Working...
        X