NOS Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Arrival

Arrived today and reluctantly pulled factory wrapping off.
    1st NOS in my collection.
    SEIKO SKS345p1 complete with unsized bracelet, box, tag, instructions and even a genuine seiko battery (new of course) picking 2001 model as my information suggests the V657 movement was replaced by the 7Txx in 2002.

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Very nice, great score too

Comment

That looks killer !! Nice score, looks really clean for its age

Comment

Awesome! that's a huge font - how's the lume?

Comment

Lume good, not monster good though, bezel is 60 click

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hammers
            Hammers commented
            Editing a comment
            Really clean and legible as others have commented. Nice score Pete.

• NINCA
            NINCA commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! super-lume!!

Good catch indeed, pedro! ...This would be one of the most visually appealing Seiko quartz chronograph I've seen in a while. I would guess 2001 too, but not because of the movement--Cal. V657 was in production and equipped Pulsar until at least early-2010s. My guess is based more on the Monster-style bracelet (Monster was released 2000), and hands that must led the way for the 2005 Alba Automatic Diver's 200m AL-Series, aka Manta Ray.

Bezel is equally awesome, and I love designs that communicate their function. When I see this bezel, I just want to turn it.

That bit about the Cal. V657 being "replaced by" the 7T Series may have come from zzami/Stratman on SCWF? ...That is incorrect information. Though, giving that source the benefit of the doubt, may have been observed at a time when a lot less about Seiko was known.

The 7T Series replaced the 7A28/7A38/7A48 since the early-1990s ( https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/m...rsion%E2%80%9D ), and has been in continuous development and production to today. Cal. V657 was introduced sometime during the late-90s, and powered Seiko (late-90s to early-00s), Alba, Pulsar, and Lorus--all brands owned by Seiko. I'm uncertain though whether concurrently so. From my observation, V657 Seiko are for international markets outside of Japan, and sold alongside 7T Series chronos.

JDM quartz chrono at the time didn't seem to get the V657. In Japan and certain markets, the V657 could instead be found in Alba Chronographs of the period, while in other markets, Pulsar and Lorus carried the V657. I'm not too sure whether this movement is still being made under this movement code. It is also possible Time Module Inc. (TMI) might still have it under another V Series designation.
          Last edited by Don; 24-09-20, 22:17.
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

I was thinking to myself how the styling of pedro's chronograph would also be great as a 3-hand diver's watch. Lo and behold, I found a Seiko quartz diver from early-00s that I had not taken notice of prior. It's the Diver's 200m V736-7A10.

On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Had the 3 hand version about 8 years ago , Sold it to Pauloz for his father to wear , Bugger I could have had a matching set

Comment

Working...
              X