This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest vintage finds - ongoing

Hi all, thought I would start an ongoing thread for all vintage finds.. Post them here as you find them.. :thumbup:
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Something tells me you might feature heavily in this thread Tony :thumbup:
    Anyway I will kick off with this.

A WW2 Timor ATP (Army trade pattern or Army time piece, depending which camp you are in) from around 1940. It has a nice Peseux cal 190 manual wind movement.
    Bought for the princely sum of $5 (That includes $3 postage) On our domestic auction site :D
    It was a non runner, but a bit of tinkering has worked wonders and it now keeps pretty good time.
    Literally thousands of these were deliberately destroyed after WW2 to stop them flooding the watch market. Some of them are now very rare and command high prices (The Timor isn't one of them :roll: )

Attached files

Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Something tells me you might feature heavily in this thread Tony :thumbup:
      Anyway I will kick off with this.

A WW2 Timor ATP (Army trade pattern or Army time piece, depending which camp you are in) from around 1940. It has a nice Peseux cal 190 manual wind movement.
      Bought for the princely sum of $5 (That includes $3 postage) On our domestic auction site :D
      It was a non runner, but a bit of tinkering has worked wonders and it now keeps pretty good time.
      Literally thousands of these were deliberately destroyed after WW2 to stop them flooding the watch market. Some of them are now very rare and command high prices (The Timor isn't one of them :roll: )

Nice.. I did watch that one, Alex.. was the caseback displayed in the listing? I don't recall..
      Tony Lewis
      New Zealand

Comment

The auction body stated that it had ATP on the back, but there was no photo.

Comment

That's really nice, clearly skilled at the tinkering though Cap

Comment

That's really nice, clearly skilled at the tinkering though Cap
            Thanks Brucy I didn't have to do too much to this really. All I had to do was modify a new stem, fit a vintage crown and strip, clean, oil the movement.

Comment

Great idea for a thread Tony! Here is a 7548-7000 I picked up. I am not really sure what to do with it if a new battery doesn't kick it into life.

Attached files

Comment

Great idea for a thread Tony! Here is a 7548-7000 I picked up. I am not really sure what to do with it if a new battery doesn't kick it into life.
                Bung some oil in it and hope for the best...

Comment

I have a spare heuer signed 7733 movement so I bought this NOS Heuer Camaro case off the bay. I dont really like gold plated watches and I was hoping this would be stainless under the gold but Im pretty sure it is brass so I am stuck with the gold. I am now on the hunt for a dial. I found this one but Im pretty sure its for a valjoux 92.

http://www.watchesulike.com/en/heuer...maro&results=6

Attached files

Comment

Has that been successful in the past?

Comment

I think it is a reference to deerworriers oil filled quartz..
                      Tony Lewis
                      New Zealand

Comment

I think it is a reference to deerworriers oil filled quartz..
                        Yup, been a long day in the office and I want to go home and look at some photos of a watch someone has for sale!

Comment

I'm over in Melbourne for the F1 and have been checking out some watch shops. I came across this cool old dash timer. In the end I didnt buy it as it is the plastic case model and has a crack in the Bezel. Still nice to see it in the wild though.

Attached files

Comment

My space age "green alien" found yesterday at a roadside second hand shop for $5.

Attached files

Comment

Great find!

Comment

Working...
                              X