Further strap attempt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck Thanks Tony :thumbup: PM sent :D
    I'm beginning to think there might be something in this "climate change" after all. A few months ago it was freezing cold, and now it's quite warm!

Comment

This one for Brucy.. PM your address to me..

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Tony Lewis
      New Zealand

Comment

I'm liking the green weren't the NASA ones green?

Comment

Another one completed..

Tony Lewis
          New Zealand

Comment

On a bit of a roll so modified my first attempt to fit the Bulova military..

Tony Lewis
            New Zealand

Comment

Got home this evening to a little red bag waiting never mind the kids or dinner! Bergeon strap tool came out, priorities after all!

Love the green, very comfortable, great size and more importantly it works very well with the watch.

I dare say Tony that your most recent modification is very complementary and I am going to try this on my other Bulova tomorrow, but I actually like this on the moon watch.

The most amazing thing about the strap is the snugness that i get across the case back, it is just the right amount of tension between the leather keepers and the webbing.

The other thing that makes this strap quite unique and something I really like is the webbing pattern. I like canvas straps or cordura, and I was a big fan of the Zulu weave but preferred the NATO hardware albeit recently getting a little bit irked by the number of buckles. The weave on this strap is lovely, that herringbone style pattern through the material adds a very different dimension and the single piece of metal hardware doesn't intrude on the watch either.

Great strap Tony, this is a far better design than the one the watch comes with.

Honored to have one of these

Comment

Got home this evening to a little red bag waiting never mind the kids or dinner! Bergeon strap tool came out, priorities after all!

Love the green, very comfortable, great size and more importantly it works very well with the watch.

I dare say Tony that your most recent modification is very complementary and I am going to try this on my other Bulova tomorrow, but I actually like this on the moon watch.

The most amazing thing about the strap is the snugness that i get across the case back, it is just the right amount of tension between the leather keepers and the webbing.

The other thing that makes this strap quite unique and something I really like is the webbing pattern. I like canvas straps or cordura, and I was a big fan of the Zulu weave but preferred the NATO hardware albeit recently getting a little bit irked by the number of buckles. The weave on this strap is lovely, that herringbone style pattern through the material adds a very different dimension and the single piece of metal hardware doesn't intrude on the watch either.

Great strap Tony, this is a far better design than the one the watch comes with.

Honored to have one of these

Good to know I got the sizing right.. :thumbup:
                Tony Lewis
                New Zealand

Comment

Went down to Pete's Emporium in Porirua.. picked up some more webbing.. threw this one together..

Tony Lewis
                  New Zealand

Comment

Love your work Tony

Comment

One more..

Tony Lewis
                      New Zealand

Comment

The two I out together today..

Tony Lewis
                        New Zealand

Comment

Well then Tony my strap arrived today :D and I must say, an excellent effort mate . The strap would have been perfect, but for the unfortunate fact that I forgot to mention that my Moon watch is the “Bracelet” version, which I believe has the spring bar holes closer to the case. The actual fit and feel of the strap is superb, and until I find some thinner spring bars or perhaps think of some other solution the strap is going to live on one of my watch hunt acquisitions from yesterday. So thanks mate. You are a top man :thumbup:

Attached files

I'm beginning to think there might be something in this "climate change" after all. A few months ago it was freezing cold, and now it's quite warm!

Comment

Great strap. And a great watch. You have had a great weekend! Love that Orient and looking forward to more disclosures about your vintage watch hunt.

Comment

Thanks Tempus :thumbup: The watch has been added to my list of ongoing projects as it does have issues, much like just about every other watch in the collection. I can tell you that the watch hunt was absolutely................... , but disclosures are best left to the intrepid explorer (Omegapro) who discovered it.

Comment

Looks good on the hack Tony, but better on the moon watch

Comment

Working...
                                X