seiko movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seiko movement

Hi Guys, movement out of a silver wave seahorse, what caliber, not marked as 66 or 436, and the no under balance is 68, any one seen this before? Thanks.

Attached files

'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Pete, are you certain that this is a "Silver Wave"? Nearly all Silver Wave that I've seen are either automatic or quartz, not manual. As for the calibre, I'm not too certain, but it looks like Cal 7622 from mid-1960s. 7622s are normally found in Seiko Champion 860, though I won't be too surprising to find one in a Sea Horse. Dial and case back pics would be nice
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Thanks Don, Yes I think iv just clicked to where I'm getting silver-wave from, is marked on back as SW-J12083, I think the SW is for Seiko Waterproof, as on the crown, but the 68 under balance? got me, have added pic of back as you can see the SW-1J12083, Pete. :D

Attached files

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Pete. I have no idea what the "68" refers to, so can't help with that. The dating of October 1964 would put the piece around about right for a Cal 7622, introduced in 1963. BTW, this Sea Horse is probably one of the earliest Seiko with the serial number stamped on the case back, on the outside. You'll find that most 1964 vintage Seiko have their serials on the inside of the case back.
        A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Thanks for that information Do, I learn something every day :D

Comment

I think I've seen a very similar movement in a Seiko Champion.
            Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Working...
            X