Is it genuine? SEIKO ELNIX 0703-7070

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it genuine? SEIKO ELNIX 0703-7070

Where have these 2 images come from, a sales advert maybe?

Or is there any more context in relation to the 2 images of the SEIKO?

Another ebay listing #142482302120 for 'Vintage SEIKO Electronic ELNIX 0703-7090 Brown Dial Gents.' by ebay member sophon_l looks very similar... your SEIKO ELNIX 0703-7070 might well originate from the same seller...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SEIKO-Electronic-ELNIX-0703-7090-Brown-Dial-Gents-/142482302120?hash=item212c9b64a8

Click image for larger version  Name:	142482302120.1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	158.4 KB ID:	39055

Click image for larger version  Name:	142482302120.3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	39056

Click image for larger version  Name:	142482302120.2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	176.3 KB ID:	39057
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Ah, found it...

Ebay: '
      Vintage SEIKO Electronic ELNIX 0703-7070 Silver Dial Mint Gents'
      Listing # 382346253422
      Seller: sophon_l
      Link:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SEIKO-Electronic-ELNIX-0703-7070-Silver-Dial-Mint-Gents/382346253422?hash=item59059cd46e:g:HXoAAOSwUn9aRQr q

Description:

'YOU ARE BIDDING ON A Vintage SEIKO Electronic ELNIX 0703-7070 Silver Dial Mint Gents.
      Condition: In working condition.
      It keeps accurate time. In good working order.

Movement: Original , SEIKO cal.0703.

Hands: Original. Good condition. Case: Original. It has light scratches from normal wear.

Diameter: approx 37mm hidden crown

Glass: Mineral glass without scratch.

Bracelet: Replacement SEIKO signed.

Dial: Original Silver color in good condition.

Crown: Well fitted.

THIS IS A VERY HANDSOME AND A RARE COLLECTABLE THAT IS READY TO WEAR. CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR SOME STUNNING WATCHES,PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U HAVE ANY QUESTIONS,GOOD LUCK. please keep in mind that vintage watches do not always have the timekeeping accuracy of their modern quartz . .' -
      sophon_I

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.3 KB ID:	39059

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	39060

​​​​​​​
      Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	39061
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

sophon_l has a lot of watch sales happening... what do you want to know, what makes you ask - is anyone expert on this line os SEIKO ELECTRONIC's

You really need an .... someone like the Seiko Sensei aka Dontia etc to comment!
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Harlan is super at finding sources of information when very little is given

Coach... as Harlan said above, it depends on why you are asking. If it is because you've stumbled onto this watch listed for sale and curious about it--as happens to me all the time--the short answer is that yes, it looks genuine to me, original apart from the replacement bracelet the seller has already disclosed. These electric Seiko were a sort of short-lived stepping stone technology. Essentially, they were trying to see whether the idea of powering a watch using battery cells, but leaving time-keeping to the balance wheel, was a good idea... No prize for answering correctly.

However, it is a different story if you are considering buying... Apart from authenticity, you'd want to ascertain whether, once purchased, the watch is likely to continue working as is claimed, given that this is a 44 years old battery-powered watch--as well as know what I am implying here. At this price point, if an overhaul is required in the near future, it will add a substantial amount to the overall cost of acquisition. If anyone is looking to buy this watch, the very first thing they should ask for is a photo of the case back open.

Lastly, but most importantly in this case, you need to know the seller...which I must say is freakin' difficult in this case on a platform like eBay where feedback score is based on only the previous one year... So, this last point is something you couldn't possibly know, and let's just say sophon_I has a certain "reputation" (quotation marks intentional) among the Seiko enthusiasts communities. I don't really want to say here in the public domain, but you're welcome to PM me to ask.

A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Working...
          X