Rolex Lady Perpetual - genuine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Lady Perpetual - genuine?

Little lady's birthday coming up soon. She's having a brand-new Datejust for her 50th, but that's 3 years away yet, so thought I'd get her used to wearing something like it. Came across this just about in my price range, seller seems legit (as much as you can tell from googling about etc.), and the piece itself looks 'ok'. Thing is, I can't find anything about this and the model number declared - 6517 - indicates the date version. Thoughts and advice much appreciated.

BTW - not bothered about box/papers etc.

Here's the listing:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-RO...19.m1438.l2649

Last edited by sjb; 19-02-18, 07:49.
    If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Moot now. She's seen an Oris she likes! lol

Comment

Originally posted by sjb View Post
      Moot now. She's seen an Oris she likes! lol

Glad that you're not going with that South American Rolex... Most welcomed to share with us the Oris if it's a vintage.
      A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

+1

Originally posted by Don View Post
        Glad that you're not going with that South American Rolex....
        Think theres a bunch of info on Tudor/Rolex case, movement & clasp serials/codes in the reference section - thus allowing one to match a bracelet to a case and a case to a movement & so then with a bit of experience one can avoid getting a poor example of the Marque (which is normally unsatisfying, and expensive).

============​​​​​​​

Model number is ok... C60's Ladies Oyster with the 26j 1161... you can see the movement serial, seller doesn't show us the Case Serial or Rolex Reference (between lugs & possibly worn off).. doesn't show us the clasp reference or clasp date code..

Note case edges, rounded out, as is the crown logo.. bracelet well stretched & well used... lots of service marks on caseback..

This ~50 year old Rolex in 273069367253 shows wear & tear commensurate with it's 1/2 Century of Life.... frankly not to sure if I care much for sellers comment, it could be a trap for the unlearned and/or the unwary:

'Any defects not mentioned in the description but visible in the pictures will be considered as described.' - vintagetraderonline 273069367253

Click image for larger version  Name:	273069367253.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	39215

Click image for larger version  Name:	273069367253.2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	39216

============
        +1

Wouldn't necessarily be a poor idea, seeing as Don's an ORIS whiz & usually generous with his knowledge.

Originally posted by Don View Post
        Most welcomed to share with us the Oris if it's a vintage.

Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Thanks guys. I haven't any experience buying vintage and definitely would usually steer well clear of Rolex without seeing it for real, but she seems so taken with one. She's happy to wait for the brand new Datejust (although I bet there's tears with the first 50 card).

Oris is brand new from AD.

Comment

Working...
          X