Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omega Seamaster Automatic Vintage Watch (WR0608)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been following but not partaking, good to see some new folks taking an interest.

as an aside, i think i may have found one of the most expensive frankin watches out there. apart from the daytona recently modded and resold at auction!!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak ad: $14,046 Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Automatic Gold 18K Revision 2015... Ref. No. 4100BA 56023BA; Yellow gold; Automatic; Condition 1 (mint); Year 1982; With box; With
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Originally posted by deerworrier View Post
      been following but not partaking, good to see some new folks taking an interest.

as an aside, i think i may have found one of the most expensive frankin watches out there. apart from the daytona recently modded and resold at auction!!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Automatic Gold 18K Revision 2015... for $14,046 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24
      https://www.chrono24.com
      Audemars Piguet Royal Oak ad: $14,046 Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Automatic Gold 18K Revision 2015... Ref. No. 4100BA 56023BA; Yellow gold; Automatic; Condition 1 (mint); Year 1982; With box; With
      Thanks for that, DW! Yes, I'm glad some newer members are getting involved, and exactly the audience I intended this for.

Re the Royal Oak 18K, you know I spent nearly 10 minutes just looking through the photos without reading the description, and was worried that I couldn't see how it was not genuine AP ...then realized what you meant after translating the txt! ...I agree the asking price is ill-informed, and makes the assumption that the specimen is somehow "more desirable" now due to the movement fitted.

It is also rather sad when I see this type of thing ...Not sad for the watch--it's just an object--but sad for what it reflects on the original owner. In not accepting the watch as it was, I think he didn't accept this own inner being, and wished he could do to himself what he did to his watch, but couldn't... Maybe he eventually gave up the watch because, after all the effort and money spent, the conversion he made to the watch couldn't replace the conversion he wished for himself. Looking at the photos, one can almost see his pain.
      A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Working...
      X