• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ippotaz's Omega Seamaster & Favre Leuba Sea King

Item Name: Omega Seamaster Automatic Date Steel Watch 1965 Mint
    Item Number: 1552971276
    Seller ID: ippotaz
    Link: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1552971276

Click image for larger version  Name:	01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	39578

Seller’s Description:
    Beautiful automatic vintage Omega Seamaster with unusual and very elegant emerald dial.

Similar item but with blue dial is visible here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1960-O...TER-CALENDAR-B
    LUE-DIAL-CAL-503-DATE-AUTO-MANS-WATCH/152887120180?hash=item2
    398c85134:g:8uoAAOSw~T9acGlf

Brand: Omega watch Co swiss
    Movement: Automatic
    Dial: Green emerald
    Date: yes
    Year: 1965
    Strap/band: not present
    Clasp: not present
    Condition: very good (refer to pictures)

Please notice I am not an expert and I do not own any tool to open the case, you are welcome to come and check the watch prior to bidding.

Shipping at buyers risk.
    Payment expected within 3 days otherwise item will be relisted.

Happy bidding
    !”

Item Name: Vintage FAVRE LEUBA SEA KING Winding
    Item Number: 1552980159
    Seller ID: ippotaz
    Link: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1552980159

Click image for larger version  Name:	02.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	134.4 KB ID:	39579

Seller’s Description:
    Very nice vintage FAVRE LEUBA Geneve, Sea King model with unusual and very elegant emerald dial;
    originally intended for men but being 30mm case now is more a women/boy version.

Similar item but with blue dial is visible here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1960-O...TER-CALENDAR-B
    LUE-DIAL-CAL-503-DATE-AUTO-MANS-WATCH/152887120180?hash=item2
    398c85134:g:8uoAAOSw~T9acGlf

Brand: FAVRE LEUBA Geneve
    Model: SEA KING
    Movement: Manual Wind
    Case material: stainless steel
    Case without crown (mm): 30
    Case with crown (mm): 32
    Dial: Green emerald
    Date: no
    Year: 1970s
    Strap/band: leather with few marks
    Clasp: not sure if original
    Condition: very good (refer to pictures)

Please notice I am not an expert and I do not own any tool to open the case, you are welcome to come and check the watch prior to bidding.

Shipping at buyers risk.
    Payment expected within 3 days otherwise item will be relisted.

Happy bidding!

Note:

Okay, I don’t have a lot of time to spend on these, so please help me with this one if you can (and yes, I know you can!).

Step 1: Read this thread in the our Japanese watch sub-forum from early last year… https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...-seiko-citizen

...at the time of writing that post, our friends, the um...”micro” watch assemblers in India were doing mostly Seiko and Citizen, but that was soooo...2017 ! This year, we’re seeing more Swiss brands on the vintage market being “recreated” . All you gents who are die-hard Rolex and Omega fans, you guys should really go to war on this. Once you’ve read through the post above…

Step 2: Please check out the wearz at this eBay seller in the UK (yep, I mentioned briefly in the other Omega Seamaster post)… https://www.ebay.com/sch/Wristwatche...ale789&_sop=15

...please count for me how many are real Omega, i.e. having Omega movement, Omega case, Omega dial, and Omega hands, there are. You can count on your fingers even if the other hand is holding a beer ... Franklyt haven't had time to try myself, so maybe no hand is needed?—you find out, please.... Although the seller is based in the UK, the watches are likely sourced from South or South East Asia, specifically India or The Philippines. China does a better job than these normally. The seller’s native language is not English, and the style of listing closely resemble some Filipino watch sellers. You can look into their Sold listings using the menu on the left hand side of the page, and you’ll see they’re not just butchering the watches, but also buyers with their prices.

Why do all this? ...I have probably cause to believe that the TradeMe seller bought both watches of this Authenticate Me thread from eBay's ipsale789. I do not know whether the TM seller is aware of the authenticity issues, but am very concerned about the very high level of interest on the green-dial Omega, which by the way is MISSING ITS BEZEL! ...BTW, reporting to TradeMe won't work on these as they would be, to the layman and even most watchmakers, genuine watches because they have genuine movements inside.

Happy..um..hunting!
    Last edited by Don; 28-02-18, 15:15.
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Both these listings originate from lpsale789 then right... man that entity has a lot to answer for.

How does
    ippotaz know the 'Omega' is a 1965 anyway?

Caveat Emptor as normal

Click image for larger version

Name:	1552971276.png
Views:	1
Size:	638.8 KB
ID:	39589
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
      ...reporting to TradeMe won't work on these as they would be, to the layman and even most watchmakers, genuine watches because they have genuine movements inside.

Erh...I guess I was wrong about that ...well, long live TradeMe! ...Thanks, TM!
      Last edited by Don; 28-02-18, 21:27.

Comment

Well done Trademe Trust & Safety Team.

10/10

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oops.png Views:	1 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	39598
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Looks like these are back on TM, along with another one.

Sorry still have no clue how to do links, but the numbers are:

Edit, here you go:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Vintage Favre Leuba Geneve Sea King Winding Wrist Watch

https://www.trademe.co.nz/jewellery-...4b26d22a614187

This Vintage Favre Leuba Geneve Sea King Winding Wrist Watch is in excellent original condition.
          This is from my personal collection.

Please note that this is a pre-owned and vintage timepiece;
          due to it's age should be serviced regularly to ensure it keeps on living a long life.

Be aware that no documentation is available,
          I am not a jeweler or watchmaker so I cannot provide a guarantee other than as described in the auction listing and as shown in the photographs.

If there is anything not shown or described, then make no assumptions and if in doubt please post a question or arrange a time for heck in person.

Note regarding Shipping & Insurance: Domestic NZ Courier deliveries do not allow for jewelry/watches. Shipping via Signature Courier will therefore be at buyer’s risk.

Condition: used vintage
          Brand: Favre Leuba
          Year of Manufacture: 1970-1979
          Movement: Mechanical (Hand-winding)
          Display: Analog
          Features: 12-Hour Dial
          Face Color: Green
          Band Color: Black
          Band Material: Genuine Leather
          Case Size: 26mm (29mm included crown)
          Lug Width: 33mm
          Case Material: Stainless Steel an
          Country/Region of Manufacture: Switzerland -
          ippotaz

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577802537.png Views:	1 Size:	376.5 KB ID:	40394

Vintage Omega Seamaster cobalt dial Winding Date Men’s Watch

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1577808771

'This Vintage Favre Leuba Geneve Sea King Winding Wrist Watch is in excellent original condition.

due to it's age should be serviced regularly to ensure it keeps on living a long life.

I am not a jeweler or watchmaker so I cannot provide a guarantee other than as described in the auction listing and as shown in the photographs.

If there is anything not shown or described, then make no assumptions and if in doubt please post a question or arrange a time for heck in person.

Note regarding Shipping & Insurance: Domestic NZ Courier deliveries do not allow for jewelry/watches. Shipping via Signature Courier will therefore be at buyer’s risk.

Condition: used vintage
          Brand: Favre Leuba
          Year of Manufacture: 1970-1979
          Movement: Mechanical (Hand-winding)
          Features: 12-Hour Dial
          Face Color: Green
          Band Color: Black
          Band Material: Genuine Leather
          Case Size: 26mm (29mm included crown)
          Lug Width: 33mm
          Case Material: Stainless Steel
          Country/Region of Manufacture: Switzerland' -
          ippotaz

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577808771.png Views:	1 Size:	501.0 KB ID:	40395

Vintage RARE Omega Seamaster 1965 Men’s watch, stunning Emerald dial

https://www.trademe.co.nz/jewellery-...1513679f098e65

Omega Seamaster with rare and elegant emerald dial;
          date of manufacture - 1965.

This watch is in excellent original condition.
          Keeps excellent accurate time with good power reserve.
          No bracelet or clasp provided.

Condition: mint used vintage
          Brand: Omega
          Model: Seamaster
          Year of Manufacture: 1965
          Movement: Automatic
          Features: 12-Hour Dial, Date
          Face Color: Emerald Green
          Band Color: N/A
          Band Material: N/A
          Case Size: 30mm (32mm included crown)
          Lug Width: 36mm
          Case Material: Stainless Steel
          Country/Region of Manufacture: Switzerland
          - ippotaz

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577813563.png Views:	1 Size:	299.5 KB ID:	40396
          Last edited by Admin; 21-03-18, 17:27. Reason: Image Assistance to OP
          Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Originally posted by captainscarlet1 View Post
            Looks like these are back on TM, along with another one.

Vintage Omega Seamaster cobalt dial Winding Date Men’s Watch

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1577808771

...I don't know where to start with this one. It's so F-up. Literally, you'll need to be consuming serious amount of mushroom to see this as a genuine Omega.

Well, um... guess I could start on it.

Movement looks like remnants of a Cal 1030 from mid-1970s to mid-80s, or remnants of a 1000 Series movement that has lost is autowinder and had a fake bridge fitted to hide the missing gears. Cal 1030 never equipped a Seamaster, so there's no way this could be one. The References that appear inside the case back both have "6" as the second number, meaning automatic self-winding watches, which this is not. The whole case and case back are likely not Omega, so I'm not sure what is.

Asian street food might be the cool thing now, but Indian made-on-the-street watches like this one sucks.

Comment

Mind just boggles eh....

Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post

...I don't know where to start with this one. It's so F-up. Literally, you'll need to be consuming serious amount of mushroom to see this as a genuine Omega.

Well, um... guess I could start on it.

Movement looks like remnants of a Cal 1030 from mid-1970s to mid-80s, or remnants of a 1000 Series movement that has lost is autowinder and had a fake bridge fitted to hide the missing gears. Cal 1030 never equipped a Seamaster, so there's no way this could be one. The References that appear inside the case back both have "6" as the second number, meaning automatic self-winding watches, which this is not. The whole case and case back are likely not Omega, so I'm not sure what is.

Asian street food might be the cool thing now, but Indian made-on-the-street watches like this one sucks.
                I had a feeling the absolute lunacy of this one would be appreciated.
                I wonder how this trader (If you can call them that) has been allowed to re list.....with additions
                Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Working...
                X