Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning warning warning!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Warning warning warning!!!!!!

    Hi Guys and Gals
    as some off you may have noticed there are a number off rolex watches appearing on tm off late coming out off asia hopefully they are all legit but as some off us know now that there are some very good copies that have had the experts fooled.(Almost)
    i have not seen a certificate like this for some time ,Please note there is nothing untoward from partridges if they do not have the ability or equipment available to inspect the inside off the watch then it has been stated
    My feeling is that the most important part off any watch is the movement to clarify authenticity if anyone has further input please say so.
    If the watch has been brough in nz then almost 100% ist genuine if it has come from partridges or Mansors
    If you are not sure get a rolex dealer or watch maker like Milford watches to inspect the inside off the watch as this will prove authenticity off the watch
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/jewellery-...0141fafca52d5c

    Please note the watch in this posting maybe a 100% genuine just pointing out that authentication off the watch lacking due to no inspection off the movement
    Last edited by myonlyrolex; 16-03-18, 20:11.

  • #2
    Clause C is interesting on that document! Pretty much renders it worthless.
    If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the heads up, myonlyrolex. Would you happen to have links to the items you refer to, or Listing No.? ...It would be good to see the watches and the sellers selling them.
      A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

      Comment


      • #4
        A watch that 'appears authentic' might also not be authentic.

        https://www.trademe.co.nz/jewellery-...0141fafca52d5c

        Click image for larger version  Name:	742084750.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	40276



        Fact is: a $10 fake, has a 'laser engraved Rolex crown', has a date wheel which 'cycles smoothly' and has a 'serial on the watch that matches the paperwork'.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	no clue.png Views:	1 Size:	484.3 KB ID:	40277
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

        Comment


        • #5
          so this is more an insurance valuation rather than an authentication report? if its the latter i dunno what exactly someone is paying for with this piece of paper, its essentially worthless. Also, if it is ever used for an insurance claim, it'd be pretty easy for the insurer just to say the obvious, 'this proves nothing definitive'.

          i dunno wtf Partridges are doing providing such a weak valuation/report/piece of trash

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by El Primero View Post
            so this is more an insurance valuation rather than an authentication report? if its the latter i dunno what exactly someone is paying for with this piece of paper, its essentially worthless. Also, if it is ever used for an insurance claim, it'd be pretty easy for the insurer just to say the obvious, 'this proves nothing definitive'.


            Yes, there documents are all Insurance Valuations, and while I’m not in insurance nor a legal expert, my understanding is that it merely helps the insurer with a relatively reliable value of the watch and therefore the risk, prior to accepting said risk. This is all before the watch is insured, so is sufficient for their purposes. There is no such thing as an authentication report, which is often what people tend to think Insurance Valuations are. Neither the insurance industry nor jewelers intend for this document to be used as a proof of authenticity, but as you know, it is so widely misused by the public it boggles the mind.

            Think of Insurance Valuation as like your car’s WOF, the passing of which can provide partial indicator to the condition of the car, but should not be solely relied upon when someone is considering a used car. If WOF could do that, then businesses like AA and some mechanics won’t be able to make money providing pre-purchase inspections, which can be equated to a watch authentication report if such thing were to exist. Now imagine if used car buyers only look at WOF, nothing else. It would be pretty naive and stupid, right?

            Well, that’s the majority of luxury watch buyers on TradeMe.

            The message many of us on this forum are trying to drive through to the public is to stop misusing Insurance Valuation, and stop relying on them as authentication tools… To be fair though, in my experience, Partridge is one of the better jewelers for insurance valuations for current and recent watches.
            Last edited by Don; 18-03-18, 20:34.
            A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

            Comment


            • #7
              What he said

              (Such wisdom deserves 'up', 'applause' and the special Woodstock award of 'intelligence!')

              Originally posted by Don View Post
              Now imagine if used car buyers only look at WOF, nothing else. It would be pretty naive and stupid, right?

              Well, that’s the majority of luxury watch buyers on TradeMe.

              Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club
              Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Don View Post

                Yes, there documents are all Insurance Valuations, and while I’m not in insurance nor a legal expert, my understanding is that it merely helps the insurer with a relatively reliable value of the watch and therefore the risk, prior to accepting said risk. This is all before the watch is insured, so is sufficient for their purposes. There is no such thing as an authentication report, which is often what people tend to think Insurance Valuations are. Neither the insurance industry nor jewelers intend for this document to be used as a proof of authenticity, but as you know, it is so widely misused by the public it boggles the mind.

                Think of Insurance Valuation as like your car’s WOF, the passing of which can provide partial indicator to the condition of the car, but should not be solely relied upon when someone is considering a used car. If WOF could do that, then businesses like AA and some mechanics won’t be able to make money providing pre-purchase inspections, which can be equated to a watch authentication report if such thing were to exist. Now imagine if used car buyers only look at WOF, nothing else. It would be pretty naive and stupid, right?

                Well, that’s the majority of luxury watch buyers on TradeMe.

                The message many of us on this forum are trying to drive through to the public is to stop misusing Insurance Valuation, and stop relying on them as authentication tools… To be fair though, in my experience, Partridge is one of the better jewelers for insurance valuations for current and recent watches.
                100% agree - people in TM land seem to equate a valuation 1:1 with authentication. seems kinda odd to me that the companies are allowed to provide an insurance quote without certainty of the authenticity of what they are quoting. as mentioned, i wouldnt be surprised if insurance companies were pushing back at claim time on these.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just to follow this up i rang my insurance company and if the watch has had a valuation done by Mansor, Partridges etc and the watch not necesssarily opened they would cover insurance for loss etc but if the watch was damaged and had to be repaired and it was opened and
                  found to be a fake then the insurance company would not cover the loss.
                  Get a full authentication , watch opened etc to confirm its genuine.
                  Last edited by myonlyrolex; 24-03-18, 11:32.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X