• Show
Clear All

• Sarah1919 / Rolex Oyster 15010 in SS with Oyster bracelet / TM: 1577446317

Item Name: Rolex Oyster 15010 in SS with Oyster bracelet
    Item Number: 1577446317
    Seller ID: startisreserve
    Link:
    www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1577446317

Notes: Before you opening the listing look carefully at the gallery photo,look at the TM members name in the corner off the photo

https://www.trademe.co.nz/jewellery-...6242cafd433580

Seller Description:

'Rolex Oyster 15010 in SS with Oyster bracelet

Lovely mint Rolex Oyster perpetual selfwinding automatic with Oyster bracelet in SS and an engine turned SS bezel. Really nice watch indeed. Condition is nothing short of remarkable. From a large rolex collection and only worn a few times. It presents in as new condition. This really is a stunning Rolex in everyway and its a great looking watch as well.

Rolex Oyster
    Perpetual automatic self winding
    Model 15010
    Date
    Circa 1981
    Black dial
    Movement: 1570 automatic
    Engine turned bezel (really nice)
    Rolex Oyster bracelet with all links
    Mint as new all round condition
    Will come with fresh service
    All 100% original Rolex, no aftermarket parts.

This is a really great price for this nice Rolex.

Photos from all angles so you can see the stunning condition this Rolex is in for yourself. Our feedback speaks for itself when talking of condition and service so take time and check out our feedback. When we say its mint and as new, it really is. Many buyers have come back to buy more.

Not many of these around so be in quick. The last one sold really fast. I really like this style. And with the black dial it looks amazing on the wrist.

This is a 100% authentic Rolex, can authenticate at any jeweller or Rolex agent for the buyer at their cost with a 100% money back guarantee if required. (
    sarah1919 aka David & Dennis & Davo & Sarah Kite et al.)'

'I purchased this watch on Trademe from seller sarah1919 on 07/10/11.
    I've only worn this a couple of times.
    This is the original listing details and original photos aswell.
    The last photo is of the watch at time of listing, the only difference is the small blemish above the 12 hour marker on the crystal.

Start is reserve no buy now

Collection is from Onehunga'

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180321_105616.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	40366

Click image for larger version  Name:	751381885.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	40371

Click image for larger version  Name:	751383201.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	40372

Click image for larger version  Name:	751383433.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	40373

Click image for larger version  Name:	751384077.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	40374
    Last edited by myonlyrolex; 21-03-18, 17:23.

Good work spotting!

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the background story, please see... https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...kite-sarah1919 ...or if you know the seller, startisreserve, and you would like to bring the above link to his attention.
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Very good spotting myonlyrolex
      Click image for larger version  Name:	1577446317.gif Views:	1 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	40386
      Interesting & extremely familiar listing this, the little pictures Choi / induck2005 took almost popping out of the grave as it were:

- Item was listed on a day when success fees are free (see below).

- item was listed at low (no?) reserve. Reserve is met startISreserve (see below).

- Item was sourced from Sth Korean 'Rolex Watch Creator', ebay member induck2005.

- No feedback for 07/10/11 purchase for item appears on startisreserve account (see below).

- sarah1919 aka induck2005 watches, have been shown often to have parts from many watches from many era's and are proven to contain many non-genuine parts, fake parts, non-original parts, incorrect parts & modified parts etc.

It is not kosher, to on-sell, a watch, if you know it is dodgy, we do not know if startisreserve is aware of any of the sarah1919 / Dave Kite Rolex scam. As we have seen, many people do not know that the watch they bought from sarah1919 is not kosher till many years later. Many still do not know they were duped & many never will know.

myonlyrolex, gosh, took me a while to figure out where you were getting the image with the 2011 sarah1919 watermark from, finally figured it out... knew it was there but didn't know how you had it so clear! You got it from the gallery.... so gallery shows the original images/waterkmarking!

Forum search sarah1919 results, 8 pages of interesting reading:

https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/search?...arah1919%22%7D

- Wow, so the original watermark appears uncovered in gallery images!

- Unsure whether the use of 7yo images is appropriate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577446317 GALLERY.png Views:	1 Size:	360.5 KB ID:	40379

- startISreserve, certainly, 41 Watchers already hence, Reserve Met, NZD2500 & ongoing...

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577446317 BIDS.png Views:	1 Size:	776.3 KB ID:	40380

- Original sale/purchase of the item from sarah1919 in 2011 does not appear on startisreserve FB pages

Click image for larger version  Name:	startisreserve.fb.png Views:	1 Size:	360.8 KB ID:	40381

- Great day to list, FREE SUCCESS FEES !!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	free fees today.png Views:	1 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	40382
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Actually this particular watch can (and probably does) have pretty much any calibre, any part, any movement whatsoever in it

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577446317.qa2.png Views:	1 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	40402

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577446317.qa1.png Views:	1 Size:	692.6 KB ID:	40401

Rolex by Year / Model & Calibre etc

Click image for larger version

Name:	1570.calibre.png
Views:	2
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	40403

Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Man those pictures bring back some memories guys. None of them pleasant I’m afraid. Classic info re the incorrect movement. Highlights what the whole Franken / Korean chop shop problem was from the beginning. Many of these watches were sold outside trademe eh Harlan, which is why it mightn’t show in the sellers feedback.
          Hard case to think that these current pictures are from 6 or 7 years ago and were originally taken in Korea by Induck long before the watch even arrived in NZ.
          Last edited by Stevo_iwc; 21-03-18, 18:41.
          “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Question: What does 'verified this rolex' mean?

Item has been apparently 'verified'..

But lets just recap, focusing on the case & movement stamps, defining elements of a 'Rolex'.

1. We see an item which has a case from the 70's clearly stamped 15010. Note: It is not stamped 1500.

2. We see an item which has a movement from the 1960's clearly stamped 1570. Note: It is not stamped 3135.

That would make it, er, 'non-original' & 'non-genuine' & 'made from parts' & 'made from watches of different models' & 'made from watches from different era's', would it not, as far as any collector, or any Rolex AD or RSC is concerned?

A item like this, raises other concerns also, other concerns as to 'authenticity', but to a genuine person further concerns are largely irrelevent.

Outcome of 'verification'..

Click image for larger version  Name:	1577446317.qa4.png Views:	1 Size:	153.0 KB ID:	40416

Watch Movement Clearly Stamped 1570 (not 3035).

Click image for larger version  Name:	1570.abitrusty.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	40417

Watch Case Clearly Stamped 15010 (not 1500).

Click image for larger version  Name:	case.reference.1570.png Views:	1 Size:	813.2 KB ID:	40418

Verification states 'Case Reference 1500' & 'Case Serial 5.1m'..

Click image for larger version

Name:	verification.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	40420

100 Watchers...

Click image for larger version  Name:	100.watchers.png Views:	1 Size:	800.4 KB ID:	40419
            Harlan
            Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Great info guys, thanks heaps for the very informative reading

Isn’t there any issue where if the inside of the lugs where the stamp is not smooth / polished / brushed it’s more than likely a fake case?

Comment

Originally posted by Brucy View Post

Isn’t there any issue where if the inside of the lugs where the stamp is not smooth / polished / brushed it’s more than likely a fake case?
                Brucy, that can be considered a valid observation. However, I don’t encourage you to think of authentication in that way, because when someone has yet to gain enough knowledge and experience, it’s hard for them to differentiate between observation and qualifier. That is, when you start putting too much emphasis on a particular characteristic, you’re more likely to make the mistake of, say, “perfect stamping = genuine watch”, without considering other aspects of the watch. It’s easy for our shortcut-loving brains to equate a lack of error in stamping (a commonly observed characteristic) as being a qualifier for authenticity.

To give you an analogy, let's imagine that horses are rare animals and someone wanted to teach you how to identify a horse. The person shows you a horse, and tells you that this horse is brown and has four legs. If you confuse these very valid observations for qualifiers, you might point out a "horse", and be pointing at a brown dog, for which the same observations can be made. If you came to me, however, I would first explain to you what a horse is, how many types there are, differences in types, what colours are possible, and what other animals that might be easily mistaken as a horse. I would do this so that you’ll know what to expect when you see one.

That is, Know the Watch and Understand Authenticity Issues related to that watch (read https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...9458#post39458 )

Vintage watch authenticating is one of the very few areas in life where the Good Guys whom society has entrusted the job to (jewelers and watchmakers) are always a few steps behind the Bad Guys. It is such because most jewelers, watchmakers, and novice buyers think in Finite—they have a check list that is often ineffective or out of date. The Counterfeiters, on the other hand, do not think in “finite”. They think in Possibilities.

Jewelers and watchmakers have X number of ways to authenticate a watch. The Counterfeiters have an infinite number of ways to make one. To stay ahead of the counterfeiters, we must adopt their ways and think in Possibilities.
                Last edited by Don; 24-03-18, 08:34.

Comment

Gee i should not have poked that stick into the hornets nest

Comment

+1 Sensei.

And it might well be a really really nice, a truly lovely looking brown 4 legged creature, but if it is a dog, then it just simply ain't a horse.

Originally posted by Don View Post
                    you might point out a "horse", and be pointing at a brown dog

You will possibly save someone from receiving unknowingly another of the sarah1919 chop shop franken-watches.

Originally posted by myonlyrolex View Post
                    Gee i should not have poked that stick into the hornets nest
                    Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Thank you H & D for the reply and words of wisdom

Love the dog and horse analogy... for a novice like me though I would liken this to a series of streams if like this example the first stream is Sarah 19 or a fake case and you can’t cross it then you give the whole lot a swerve at the first hurdle.

Building on the knowledge you guys impart here I now try and examine the rest of it.

Thanks again gents

Comment

This one is back
                        Listing #: 1590724916
                        Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Well, I'm a bit confused. I would have thought that this TM listing would have been interesting to some......Oh well
                          Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Originally posted by captainscarlet1 View Post
                            Well, I'm a bit confused. I would have thought that this TM listing would have been interesting to some......Oh well
                            Sorry to respond to this thread late, Alex. Saw it last night, but hadn't actually looked at the new listing. Here's the link to the relisting... https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1590724916 ...I see how the damning Reference-between-the-lugs photo has conveniently been omitted.

What I think we should note is that this new listing would be how one would expect sarah1919's watches to be sold on on TradeMe, i.e. without mention of the source of the watch nor images showing the case reference nor movement. No doubt some would have already been sold on, while others will eventually make their way to the market with the seller knowing or otherwise about the authenticity issues. The outcome of the original listing also shows how many in the market either do not care about authenticity, or can only "see" what they know, and they apparently don't know a lot.

Last edited by Don; 05-04-18, 20:33.

Comment

Scott is not longer listing it from startisreserve but rather from a different account called whazup

Click image for larger version  Name:	PastedGraphic-9.png Views:	1 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	40904

What he said....

'.... we should note is that this new listing would be how one would expect sarah1919's watches to be sold on on TradeMe, i.e. without mention of the source of the watch nor images showing the case reference nor movement....'
                              Harlan
                              Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Working...
                              X