Omega 1960's Men's Wrist Watch || TM: 1623096879 then TM: 1624210200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 1960's Men's Wrist Watch || TM: 1623096879 then TM: 1624210200

Came up for sale this afternoon on TM and gone already.

Could be mistaken as a very clean example of a a forties / fifties WWW.

Seller does state that the watch was refurbished a number of years ago and this may we’ll be genuine. However if it was refurbished then it was done so at the expense of the originality of the watch.

To those gents on this forum I consider masters at this, apologies for my complete novice identification of issues here and no doubt there is considerable evidence I have missed.

The cathedral hands are incorrect, as sword style hands were used, as is the lume for the period. As most of you probably know, radium or tritium lume as was used on these watches, over the timeframe gives an orange or brown appearance, not green as evidenced on this watch.

The Y issue number is from early forties where the WWW’s has a sub second dial where the serial number is from a later period when the watch didn’t have Sub seconds.

I’ve no idea on what movement it is, but it is incorrect for the watch.

The broad arrow used on the face is consistent with the broad arrow from early forties, however this style of military Omega used a “fat arrow”

In saying all this, as a possible franken, at the price it was sold at, it may well be considered a nice piece with some interest behind it, however it is not what it could be construed as, which is an authentic issued Omega

Last edited by Admin; 06-05-18, 19:39.

Bwaaaa I'll bite...

Click image for larger version  Name:	blacktie.png Views:	1 Size:	298.1 KB ID:	41602

================================================== ===============

SOLD yesterday in 1623096879 to evenflow10 for $350

https://www.trademe.co.nz/antiques-c....htm?archive=1

Click image for larger version  Name:	1623096879.png Views:	1 Size:	646.9 KB ID:	41600

And sold today in 1624210200 to sunthing4sum1 for $395

https://www.trademe.co.nz/antiques-c....htm?archive=1

Click image for larger version  Name:	1624210200.png Views:	1 Size:	691.5 KB ID:	41601

And sold tomorrow in xxxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxxx for $xxx Bwaaa

Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Pics from yesterdays $350 purchase to evenflow10 & todays $395 purchase to sumthing4sum1

Click image for larger version  Name:	784237112.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	41609

Click image for larger version  Name:	784237121.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	41610

Click image for larger version  Name:	784237256.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.5 KB ID:	41611

Click image for larger version  Name:	784237140.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	41612

You know.... dunno why we bother with all this... we've saved watch buyers many many many hundreds of thousands of dollars, we've stopped people wasting many many many hundreds of thousands of dollars on spurious & fake & decrepit junk.... and what has it earned any of us? Nothing, nothing at all, except enemies.

Maybe we should all just concentrate on turning Omega Speedy Reduced Auto's into Pro Manual Moonwatches... perhaps peddling 2220.80 SMP's for 4.5k or just simply plainly selling crap Seiko frank's which all the punters are seemingly only too happy to pay absolute other-worldly craploads for?

After-all, haven't we have the skill's, presumably....

==================================

The dial is tidy and the hands glow at night. - blacktie
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

damn, missed out! o'well i may still be in with a shout for this little beauty...
        Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	41614
        Its got a Japanese movement with a jewel don't you know

H. 2 answers: A. my GPU only has HDMI and the block outputs. B. i have asked about the GMT and will get back to you as soon as i hear back.
        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Very sorry you missed out on a purchase but very happy you have addressed my concerns, 10/10 thanks DW

Hopefully you are soon the happy new owner of the PVD/DLC beauty, and if it doesn't fully gel in your quiver you should have truly no trouble moving it on a local auction site for 12-15k. Just get a valuation and job done.

H. 2 answers: A. my GPU only has HDMI and the block outputs. B. i have asked about the GMT and will get back to you as soon as i hear back.
          Harlan
          Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

What an abomination. Maybe Mr evenflow could give us his thoughts as I'm pretty sure he is a member here.
            Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Pretty certain sumthing4sum1 would have appreciated this... yesterday.

Selling fakes, is slowly, surely, as shown on these pages, becoming acceptable on certain marketplaces, and sadly, insultingly, reporting these fakes, is certainly proving to be a waste of expert time.

'Just get a valuation, job done!'

Originally posted by captainscarlet1 View Post
              What an abomination. Maybe Mr evenflow could give us his thoughts as I'm pretty sure he is a member here.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	784237011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.9 KB ID:	41795

It is quite profitable selling fakes, and it's really easy too.... god, what a FFff'ing rort.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Messages Image(1274739254).png
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	41796
              Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

That watch was a pretty bad fake. The rats who made it couldn't even be bothered to grind the Raketa calibre number off the winding wheel
                Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Working...
                X