Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

180th Anniversary men’s watch scratch, previously listed!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180th Anniversary men’s watch scratch, previously listed!!!

Listing up on TM and from the looks of it, it doesn’t seem right!

From what I can see the watch is supposed to be a Longines 180ty Anniversary Single pusher chronograph.

The chrono dials are inconsistent with the usual 60 minute suggesting an incorrect movement, the inscribed movement number on the case back is different to what a L619.2 movement looks like, which doesn’t appear to be the movement used in the anniversary model anyway.

The model number on the case back is for a Longines Presence not the anniversary model and there appears to be two recessed pushers by the crown which do not appear on any genuine models and I assume adjust the two sub dials

Looks too new to be a franken so perhaps it is a fake

Could be wrong but too many inconsistencies imho

Be keen to see what some of our more knowledgeable members come up with

Sorry guys I see this is a reposting that was previously picked up by Rolex and having now read Don’s comments also makes sense!!

Comment

Obviously not real - it was listed last week by a charity, withdrawn by TM. Charity must have sold off cheap in their own shop and buyer is trying it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Horos
        Obviously not real - it was listed last week by a charity, withdrawn by TM. Charity must have sold off cheap in their own shop and buyer is trying it on.
        That’s what I reckon, I was trying to find the name of the charity listing member to see if it was connected to this one... future mental note for a shill bidder!

Comment

Well some poor bugger bought it! I suppose $250 for a fake watch is reasonable given you can buy it here in on TM instead of forking out an air fair overseas

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	662.5 KB ID:	43001
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	43004
          Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	1 Size:	509.9 KB ID:	43002
          Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	1 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	43003
          Last edited by Admin; 21-06-18, 20:31.

Comment

Well done Horos and H-Man, can see those subtle questions... you guys are more tactful me

Comment

So, was this definitely withdrawn by TM? Saved the top bidder from an expensive mistake - I'm sure they would have paid the $250 Buy Now if they'd been quick enough. Doubtless this will re-appear!
              If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Comment

Working...
              X