Seiko 7002 7000 tidy beater??? on tm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko 7002 7000 tidy beater??? on tm

Hi all, come across this tidy looking 7002 on tm for a beater??? Listing #2782703499 or is it just rubbish??

Have a fantastic day

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2782703499
    Last edited by Artemis12; 16-09-20, 16:25.

Thanks, Artemis12. I shouldn't comment on an active TM listing outside of Watch Out, but a good place to start--to see what an authentic original looks like--would be here... https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...7002-7000-1992
    Last edited by Don; 16-09-20, 23:13.
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up Don as usual

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      All good!

Don,

100%

A12, zero drama's
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, H

Originally posted by Artemis12 View Post
    Hi all, come across this tidy looking 7002 on tm for a beater??? Listing #2782703499 or is it just rubbish??

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2782703499
    The case, dial, and and hands could be original. It's harder to tell repro 7002 dials, compared to the 6309 dials. However, the factor that would push this one to the rubbish side is what the seller stated... "Crown does not screw in as has a stripped thread..."

If the thread inside the crown is stripped, then that may still be rectified, but if the case crown thread is stripped, then this case goes into the rubbish bin. It is near worthless, and if I were the seller, I would sell only as "parts". If one is after a 7002-7000, there are still many genuine original out there, very much still within the realm of affordable for most people. It would be better to go for one of those.

If one likes the look of the bezel insert mod, then the same could be done on later SKX007/9, though a word of warning that these are going up in value in original state.
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• Artemis12
      Artemis12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great post as usual Don
      I definitely got this one completely wrong, especially after noticing the crown problem after my post. Read first, post later "lol" rather that the other way around personality i quite like the am bezel and strap. But the crown problem is a bummer. The forum is a great place to live and learn with out paying the lesson with your wallet

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely not wrong to have asked ...A few followers of the 150m Diver 7002 on Timekeeper, and a couple of nice and tidy originals here too.

• kiwi.bloke
      kiwi.bloke commented
      Editing a comment
      Clicked the link and wished hadn’t. Some things can’t be unseen. Awful piece of shite.

As an aside, given the crown tube is stated as being striped, it would be a decent option for a triplock conversion, I know there are a few Seikos kicking around with this mod. Don’t recall seeing a 7002 with one, but if I was to mod a Seiko, I’d do that conversion for a lark. Would have to be given the case for as near as nix as not a cheap mod.
Working...
X