Watch to UK

Jackal

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Can anyone please offer advice on how to safely send a watch to the UK?
Have tried NZ Post, DHL & UPS. Once value of watch is declared in this case
over $5k & under $8k no one seems interested. Some of you guys must be buying
from overseas and selling some of your collection to UK collectors? Any help greatly
appreciated. Worst case scenario I'm thinking of is sending it "track & trace" as old
watch to be repaired with minimal value declared but would rather do it legit! :thumbup:
rolex

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Yeah can be a total nitemare eh... ideas follow...

Courier with pre-arranged and paid up '3rd Party Insurance' which is costly'ish, normally about 2-3% of the agreed value.

Can send it like you say, using the fastest most expensive NZPS Service to reduce risk, there are some tricks... i.e. there is no point writing the value on the item, as this increases risk which is pointless when there isn't any insurance anyway... also a low value gets items through faster, less handling (less risk).

Can use FEDEX, it'll generally cost a bit more than NZPS and it can be a bit more time-consuming to arrange till you have an account (which greatly streamlines the process) - while I am not an expert, FEDEX is very reliable, thats what I use, can send a item anywhere on Earth in 3 days most of the time completely hassle free.

Sometimes, you might pull the bracelet off, take the caseback off, remove the movement, take out the glass etc & send a watch in parts, so that it looks 'worthless', even a 100k watch looks worthless disassembled in a dozen pieces yet requires only a few minutes to reassemble back to 100k worth of beauty.

Sometimes, send any paperwork, provenance & boxes separately, to reduce the cost of the main shipment & also again at the same reducing 'apparent value' hence risk..

Or, wait till you know someone heading to the UK, thats works, is probably the most secure / reliable method, potentially also the slowest :D
cato88

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk