WAYWOF 22.9.17

andrewing

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 am

Hanging tough this weekend. EnjoyImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actively seeking Tuna of all shapes and sizes...to hunt your pride of lions...
pedro44

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 am

Swiss today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son
Mack

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:17 am

spock69

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 am

ImageTitanium...light as a feather!

Live long and prosper.
Stevo_iwc

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 am

Have a great weekend gents and remember the great advice from Al Capone “Vote early and often” Image
The floggings will continue until morale improves.
kiwi.bloke

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 am

Keeping with the chronograph theme… Something a bit different for me today – an Omega Z-33 Spacemaster. An unusual pickup for me on Wednesday – started the day with absolutely no idea or intention of owning one, but ended the day with it on the wrist… A bit of an impulse trade, the dealer valued what was on my wrist far more than I did and since it needed a battery change and the OEM rubber was damaged I managed to get a pretty damn good deal on it. The box is larger than a shoe box so I can see why they are a Boutique only model. No way the rabble should be allowed to touch such a monster, let alone take one on.

I’ve been looking for something a bit quirky for a while – a dash of retro with a red digital display, ideally a multi function chronograph perhaps couple with an analog display. I seriously thought about a Gerlach, Astron or even one of the high end G-Shocks (very passing fancy!). HAQ would be a bonus. Maybe even a X-33. But nothing really ticked all my wants and brought everything together into one package. I even started to think about looking at the current forum fav, a Bulova chronograph. All the above lurk on the forum and so with this place being an enabler, I kept on looking…

The Spacemaster ticks all the above and more.
22 September.JPG
22 September.JPG (248.89 KiB) Viewed 352 times
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG (259.77 KiB) Viewed 352 times
So with new battery fitted, the replacement strap sized, here it is. The case is a direct copy from the 1960s Omega Flightmaster series of watches, the red digital display has more features that I will ever use – a perpetual calendar until 2199 and flight log function that is somewhat irrelevant for me (I could I guess use it to log dives but the 30m WR makes that a little pointless!). As per the online reviews, the feature set is pretty well thought out and for a multifeatured watch designed to only go above water level its right up there with any I’ve ever seen. The 5666 quartz movement is thermo-compensated so should be pretty accurate (over its 2 years life) although it does have a power saving feature that may extend that out a bit. The Ti case and buckle make it far lighter and easy to wear than it looks – as does the case dimensions which at 43mm wide means it does not feel all that large on the wrist. It is TALL. Definitely a weekend and Friday casual sports watch. No way it could hide under a suit or shirt cuff. I dread getting the cost of a replacement OEM rubber or the optional Ti bracelet, so may just keep it on the current aftermarket strap. The 22mm Bonetto Cinturini straps taper to 20mm at the buckle so I can use the original very well constructed Omega buckle on with it. Lume is not bad - fine for a back lit cockpit I assume. Love that hands.
IMG_4622.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG (146.1 KiB) Viewed 352 times
Overall it’s a great watch and since it aligns with my Flightmaster collection I’m pretty happy with the sucker. Maybe a DSSD is not all that tall after all!
captainscarlet1

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 am

This one all week.
Attachments
DSC03589.JPG
DSC03589.JPG (141.91 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Democracy is the worst form of government..........Except for all the others.
Hammers

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Earlier today.
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!
rolex

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:50 pm

My Seiko 'kiwipip' MM300

And here it is last summer down at Swashbucklers with tigermantis - this is the day kiwipip gifted it :)

PK kiwipip SEIKO.JPG
PK kiwipip SEIKO.JPG (318 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Hammers

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Absolutely love the z-33. Very unique which is partly what attracted me to my x-33. Love to see your Z-33 in the flesh someday.
kiwi.bloke wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 am
Keeping with the chronograph theme… Something a bit different for me today – an Omega Z-33 Spacemaster. An unusual pickup for me on Wednesday – started the day with absolutely no idea or intention of owning one, but ended the day with it on the wrist… A bit of an impulse trade, the dealer valued what was on my wrist far more than I did and since it needed a battery change and the OEM rubber was damaged I managed to get a pretty damn good deal on it. The box is larger than a shoe box so I can see why they are a Boutique only model. No way the rabble should be allowed to touch such a monster, let alone take one on.

I’ve been looking for something a bit quirky for a while – a dash of retro with a red digital display, ideally a multi function chronograph perhaps couple with an analog display. I seriously thought about a Gerlach, Astron or even one of the high end G-Shocks (very passing fancy!). HAQ would be a bonus. Maybe even a X-33. But nothing really ticked all my wants and brought everything together into one package. I even started to think about looking at the current forum fav, a Bulova chronograph. All the above lurk on the forum and so with this place being an enabler, I kept on looking…

22 September.JPGIMG_4634.JPG
So with new battery fitted, the replacement strap sized, here it is. The case is a direct copy from the 1960s Omega Flightmaster series of watches, the red digital display has more features that I will ever use – a perpetual calendar until 2199 and flight log function that is somewhat irrelevant for me (I could I guess use it to log dives but the 30m WR makes that a little pointless!). As per the online reviews, the feature set is pretty well thought out and for a multifeatured watch designed to only go above water level its right up there with any I’ve ever seen. The 5666 quartz movement is thermo-compensated so should be pretty accurate (over its 2 years life) although it does have a power saving feature that may extend that out a bit. The Ti case and buckle make it far lighter and easy to wear than it looks – as does the case dimensions which at 43mm wide means it does not feel all that large on the wrist. It is TALL. Definitely a weekend and Friday casual sports watch. No way it could hide under a suit or shirt cuff. I dread getting the cost of a replacement OEM rubber or the optional Ti bracelet, so may just keep it on the current aftermarket strap. The 22mm Bonetto Cinturini straps taper to 20mm at the buckle so I can use the original very well constructed Omega buckle on with it. Lume is not bad - fine for a back lit cockpit I assume. Love that hands.
IMG_4622.JPG
Overall it’s a great watch and since it aligns with my Flightmaster collection I’m pretty happy with the sucker. Maybe a DSSD is not all that tall after all!
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!
Sarbie

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:43 pm

kiwi.bloke wrote:Keeping with the chronograph theme… Something a bit different for me today – an Omega Z-33 Spacemaster. An unusual pickup for me on Wednesday – started the day with absolutely no idea or intention of owning one, but ended the day with it on the wrist… A bit of an impulse trade, the dealer valued what was on my wrist far more than I did and since it needed a battery change and the OEM rubber was damaged I managed to get a pretty damn good deal on it. The box is larger than a shoe box so I can see why they are a Boutique only model. No way the rabble should be allowed to touch such a monster, let alone take one on.

22 September.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG
Nice pick up kiwi! Love it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

the gold bracelet thing was my dads necklace he gave me before he died...but i dont like things round ma neck
Sarbie

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:45 pm

rolex wrote:My Seiko 'kiwipip' MM300

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 0623b0.jpg[/IMG]

And here it is last summer down at Swashbucklers with tigermantis - this is the day kiwipip gifted it :)

PK kiwipip SEIKO.JPG
'Like'Image

the gold bracelet thing was my dads necklace he gave me before he died...but i dont like things round ma neck
Sarbie

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Oops. Necromancy again....really need to fine tune my tapatalk. Sorry guys.

Appleman93

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:19 pm

kiwi.bloke wrote:Keeping with the chronograph theme… Something a bit different for me today – an Omega Z-33 Spacemaster. An unusual pickup for me on Wednesday – started the day with absolutely no idea or intention of owning one, but ended the day with it on the wrist… A bit of an impulse trade, the dealer valued what was on my wrist far more than I did and since it needed a battery change and the OEM rubber was damaged I managed to get a pretty damn good deal on it. The box is larger than a shoe box so I can see why they are a Boutique only model. No way the rabble should be allowed to touch such a monster, let alone take one on.

22 September.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG
Loving the spacemaster

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk