Needed - Luxury Watch with Alarm for Film

TimiTuhoe

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi forum. I am a film and television writer/director. We are shooting a new short film in mid-December starring Manu Bennett (The Hobbit, Sparticus) called Maori Time. The film is exec-produced by Cliff Curtis. And we need a specific prop - a luxury watch with an alarm. We would need the watch for the four days of the shoot. Is anybody interested in having their watch featured on Manu Bennett's wrist in a great NZ short film? We would treat your watch with love and care and, of course, insure it for the duration of the shoot as well as including your name in the credits. Your assistance would be deeply appreciated. Tim :-)
“Life is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends.”
captainscarlet1

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi Tim and welcome :thumbup: I don't have one of these watches, but I'm sure if I did, I would want to know the kind of part Mr Bennett was playing......James Bond going to save the world etc etc :thumbup: :?: Or someone at the other end of the scale :sick: :?:
Good luck with your search :)
Democracy is the worst form of government..........Except for all the others.
rolex

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Welcome TimiTuhoe,

Excellent 1st post, like it... velli interesting indeed, got me thinking thats for sure.

Elucidate a touch further though will you, please... whats required exactly, a vintage mechanical alarm like a Jaeger-LeCoultre or something modern like an Omega Quartz Spacewatch or something else?

For sure lots of members will have 'luxury alarm watches' but individually like captainscarlet1 says they vary greatly watch to watch... knowing about the character, and what role the watch needs to play, does it need to have a loud alarm etc, whats required?

Narrow down the requirements please TimiTuhoe, I'm guessing this model SEIKO for instance might be overly luxurious perhaps, as an example?

https://youtu.be/_abfAnKbLSM
anzac1957

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:32 pm

The era being filmed is important. Us watch nuts can get annoyed when we see a watch in a film that is not correct for the period of time being portrayed.
Hammers

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Or from a more recent era an Omega x-33
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!
TimiTuhoe

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 am

Hey guys, thanks for the responses and the prompt for more information. The character played by Manu Bennett is a property developer who's life is unraveling. The setting is contemporary. The watch becomes a symbol for his obsession with time and staying ahead of the game. He is from a humble background so likes to display his rise in the world by owning things that are expensive/beautiful/European but with a masculine/Alpha leaning. Eg he drives a black BMW X6 SUV. I had thought an Omega x33 (possibly even the America's Cup version) or a Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Memovox but I would totally bow to the superior knowledge of you Watch nuts.
“Life is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends.”
cyma

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 pm

How about a Rado Ceramic, very nice watch, has alarm, :D
Attachments
IMG_6420.JPG
IMG_6420.JPG (277.71 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it"
TimiTuhoe

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi Cyma. Lovely looking watch that would definitely fit with the character. Is there a possibility we could borrow it for the film shoot in mid-December? Tim :-)