Greetings all.

New member - introduce yourself!
Msh

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:34 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike, and I have an extreme fondness for checking the time.
Whilst I could check it on my cellphone or the computer, I find it a lot more pleasing to do a quick wrist flex and glance at a nice watch instead.

My earliest memories of watches:

-I was in Kindergarten when Mum bought me my first watch. My friends wowed at the said watch and passed it around class. By the end of the day, it was in about 5 separate pieces. No idea what kind of watch it was, but obviously not very well made.

-My family moved to NZ when I was 6 years old, and G-Shocks were the coolest watches to have. I was eventually gifted one, and with a few battery changes, the thing survived through all of school.

More recently (6 years ago) to celebrate the start of a new job, I got myself (yet another) G-shock. This one was a bit fancier than the last with its aviator/analogue layout and Tough solar features.

Then a year ago, I came across some articles on mechanical watches and became obsessed.

From there, I've bought various watches: new and old, hand-wound and automatic, known brands and those not-so-well-known.
Currently, I've cut down(?) to 9 watches, but this is likely subject to change.

My latest acquisition is the Seiko SKX tuna-can mod, for which members have kindly donated parts and Harlan has sold.
It is loud, with its orange dial and orange nato, and I absolutely love it (orange is my favourite colour).
Pics will be posted in due time.

If you're still here, thanks for listening to my rant.
I'm sure to enjoy all yours as well, especially if it is watch-related.

Kind regards,
Mike,
Brucy

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:56 am

Welcome aboard Mike, plenty of fun and interesting rants abound here and a great watch that SKX
Stevo_iwc

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 am

Welcome Mike, the TST has a cult following on several OS forums and the opportunities for further mods to the watch is wide. Great story of your watch life as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The floggings will continue until morale improves.
LeroyC

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 am

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk