Great Grandfathers Watch

DakotaNZ

Great Grandfathers Watch

Post by DakotaNZ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi there, just after some help in finding out more about my great grandfathers pocket watch. He was originally from Scotland or he may have bought it once he arrived in New Zealand, I'm really not sure. It still runs and is 14k gold with no makers mark as far as I can tell but the number 41402 is stamped on the inside so I'm not sure if this is a serial number or not as I couldn't find it in any of the online databases I searched. I tried to look into jewels as well and how to tell how many it had but got completely lost so hopefully you can tell this from the pics. It also has Cuivre stamped on the inside but I believe that just means some of the parts are copper, is that right? I would like to get a rough idea of value as well if anyone could tell me as I would like to get insurance for it, I don't suspect it's worth a great deal from what I have seen online but thought you guys might have a better idea. Thanks for your help :)

anzac1957

Re: Great Grandfathers Watch

Post by anzac1957 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Unfortunately, we cannot see your pics due to PBs new extortion racket.. you know have to pay for your pics to be viewed on third party sites.. I for one have moved to Tapatalk to post pics here now..

captainscarlet1

Post by captainscarlet1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi DakotaNZ and welcome to the forum. As Tony has already said, your photos are not showing up. Perhaps you could upload them directly to this site (There is a size limit) Just click on "Attachments" below your next post and follow the prompts. It sounds like you have a nice family heirloom. :)
Democracy is the worst form of government..........Except for all the others.

Harry

Post by Harry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

As others have mentioned please reupload the photos.