Reissue Turtle & Samurai Bracelet help

Hammers

Reissue Turtle & Samurai Bracelet help

Post by Hammers » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:59 am

Hi. The reissued Turtle and Sammie both have the same divers extension and for me they sit really poorly on the wrist.

So the question: what is the easiest / mist cost effective fix?

I am thinking just buy a replacement clasp (both ends just fit into end links with spring bars).

If so anyone got any handy, knocking around their watchbox? Online recommendations? Or alternatively other bracelet options.

Cheers.

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

anzac1957

Re: Reissue Turtle & Samurai Bracelet help

Post by anzac1957 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Have you tried moving links from one end of bracelet to other side of clasp? Sometimes position of clasp can make a difference.

deerworrier

Post by deerworrier » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:05 pm

uncle seiko does some alternatives for the turtle http://www.uncleseiko.com/store/c8/Mode ... ories.html

or i have a feck load of seiko clasps in a drawer/draw depending on which side of the 100 average you fall :thumbup:
“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is always a crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
Always aim to be that man.

kiwi.bloke

Post by kiwi.bloke » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:24 pm

What is the end of the bracelet diameter? I have on all my monster / shogun bracelets replaced the OEM buckle with the one from the MM300. You can also get a very nice 20mm wide genuine Seiko flip lock buckle that I use my mesh bracelets that I fit to some of my other Seikos (also use on bonetto cinturini straps used on Seikos). I can post a pic if you want of either - got my Shogun out and on now actually. If you want to go real top shelf, the buckle on the SBGX115/7 is a more polished version of the MM300 buckle and I have one fitted to my Crafter Blue strap that I have now on my MM300. Personally I think that is the worst buckle on the planet (as fitted to the turtles, monsters sumos, etc).

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Thanks for the advice. Tried changing the 6 /12 configuration - solves one problem but creates another.

Uncle Seiko always has decent stuff - thanks John. Younever know what you might find in that watch drawer....

KiwiBloke - end of bracelet diameter is 20mm. Photos of flip lock Seiko buckle would be good. Cheers.
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

kiwi.bloke

Post by kiwi.bloke » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Have a look at these pics. All genuine Seiko clasps. They have a shorter verison (fitted to the Yobokies 5 link) and the longer version with 4 adjustment holes which is fitted to the Mesh. Should fit any 20mm end pieces as the mesh and yobokies are fairly thick bracelets. If you are happy to go with any no branded buckle then there are almost identical flip locks that come on the bonetto cinturini 300 series of rubber straps that have 3 adjustment holes and are fairly high quality. Personally I've found most other non branded buckles to be of fairly average quality (which is being kind). Really depends on how much bracelet length you have to play with as these are shorter buckles than the factory OEM one and I usually need a spare link to place with the buckles. You may have a smaller wrist and so be able to add the shorter buckles and still have room to adjust links either side of the buckle as well as the adjustment built into the buckle. Let me know if you need some more pics or info. They are all out on my table now...
IMG_4425 (Large).JPG
IMG_4425 (Large).JPG (401.09 KiB) Viewed 147 times
IMG_4426 (Large).JPG
IMG_4426 (Large).JPG (276.42 KiB) Viewed 147 times
IMG_4428 (Large).JPG
IMG_4428 (Large).JPG (384.96 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi kiwibloke, is there a reference number for the longer version, with the 4 adjustment holes? And / or could you measure the length.
Probably exactly what I need. Still have all spare links so it will work regardless.
Last question where do you normally source them from?
Cheers

kiwi.bloke

Post by kiwi.bloke » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:58 pm

I'll have a look, I did have the seiko reference numbers for them both but may have chucked out as I purchased half a dozen of each as I knew I'd use them over time. Can't remember the watches they were from either but the Seiko chaps did tell me. Length closed is about 40mm. So I'd say about 35mm when you allow for the inlet for the end of the links. I purchased some at Singapore seiko agents and the other xAustrlian agent. Pretty sure the usual online stores will have them as well.